PDA

View Full Version : Cormorants Problems at Anaheim Lake

Mr T-rex
09-24-2012, 10:58 AM
So i see that there is a cormorant problem at anaheim lake and the cats are staying in deep and im pretty sure they dont want to feed due to being chased all the time. I been to anaheim lake 3 times and all those times i had a skunk on my back im not blaming the lake but i dont suck that much at fishing haha..

well heres the question ,I wonder if we are going to have this cormorant problem during trout season ??? Because that would really suck knowing that all the fish are being eaten by those damn cormorants

Fysher
09-24-2012, 11:02 AM
It will only get worst when the trout are here. I bet that a good portion of the stocked trout are eaten by these cormorants during the night hours, hence probably the reason for skunks if you fish a few days after a stocking.

Mr T-rex
09-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Thats what i was thinking too!! things are going to get worse and that is the reason why i would be going to the Vine. It sucks because anaheim lake is so much closer to me but the no fee for tube launch is a good deal ..

I hope something can be done though because i would love to fish anaheim lake this trout season

JAG107
09-24-2012, 08:32 PM
I'll be hitting Anaheim at least a couple times, if not just for taking advantage of the opportunity to fish the place but also it'd be pretty sweet to have a chance to hook into a toad tailwalker on the troll...don't get me wrong I love the Vine but those calaveras trout just don't fight like a nice TW. I'm not worried about cormorants, they're gonna dump plenty of trout in there, plus there isn't a big bass/wiper population to thin the schools. I'd say it's a toss up between the local lakes with natural predation. I've seen plenty of trout get slurped down at Corona, Skinner and the Vine by big birds, when the air gets cold at night is like ringing the dinner bell for the birds!
For Anaheim, at least at the start of the season, I'd be more worried about warm water than the cormorants IMHO.

Marley
09-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Those things are NASTY! Too bad there's not a depredation hunt could be held.

Mr T-rex
09-25-2012, 09:24 AM
I'll be hitting Anaheim at least a couple times, if not just for taking advantage of the opportunity to fish the place but also it'd be pretty sweet to have a chance to hook into a toad tailwalker on the troll...don't get me wrong I love the Vine but those calaveras trout just don't fight like a nice TW. I'm not worried about cormorants, they're gonna dump plenty of trout in there, plus there isn't a big bass/wiper population to thin the schools. I'd say it's a toss up between the local lakes with natural predation. I've seen plenty of trout get slurped down at Corona, Skinner and the Vine by big birds, when the air gets cold at night is like ringing the dinner bell for the birds!
For Anaheim, at least at the start of the season, I'd be more worried about warm water than the cormorants IMHO.

That does make a lot of sense ! Anaheim will be stocking some nice tailwalkers this season like they always do so you cant beat that
I cant wait till trout season man haha its right around the corner .. See you at the Lake boss

Mr T-rex
09-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Those things are NASTY! Too bad there's not a depredation hunt could be held.

Seriously we should all take daisy bb guns haha jk!!