PDA

View Full Version : Striper King classic a blast! but I had unhappy fishing partners

ryanbsimmcon
09-24-2012, 09:21 AM
This was my first tournament. What a blast and can't wait for next year! I can't believe how good the raffle prizes were:Shocked: Next year I'm buying a ton more tickets which goes to a good place anyway :Big Grin: So here's the story: I took what I learned from Bob (Trout Only) and did some trolling after no luck on cut bait at the bouy line. We were trolling through the boat launch area and accidentally crossed into the no fishing zone bouy line, pulled out of there, and ZZingggg!! 6lb. 14 oz!! Now, my boat was not in the no fish zone, but my line may have been, I'm still arguing with my fishing partners about it. I called the marina immediately to find out the boundary lines, confirmed, no fishing inside the white buoys. There was no way in hell I was gonna enter the fish for weigh-in. You can imagine the grief my fishing partners gave me as they announced the prize for what would have been a 4th place fish! $300 in cash +. Besides my friend's disappointment with my decision, it was a great day and and a fun event! Thanks to all for putting this on!!

HawgZWylde
09-24-2012, 09:31 AM
This was my first tournament. What a blast and can't wait for next year! I can't believe how good the raffle prizes were:Shocked: Next year I'm buying a ton more tickets which goes to a good place anyway :Big Grin: So here's the story: I took what I learned from Bob (Trout Only) and did some trolling after no luck on cut bait at the bouy line. We were trolling through the boat launch area and accidentally crossed into the no fishing zone bouy line, pulled out of there, and ZZingggg!! 6lb. 14 oz!! Now, my boat was not in the no fish zone, but my line may have been, I'm still arguing with my fishing partners about it. I called the marina immediately to find out the boundary lines, confirmed, no fishing inside the white buoys. There was no way in hell I was gonna enter the fish for weigh-in. You can imagine the grief my fishing partners gave me as they announced the prize for what would have been a 4th place fish! $300 in cash +. Besides my friend's disappointment with my decision, it was a great day and and a fun event! Thanks to all for putting this on!!

You honesty is commendable and a rarity in society today. Kudos to you, good karma follows those who do the right thing...

Question though, are you sure you were in the no fishing zone, or the no boat zone. If they were the "no Boat" buoys, you can cast you line over that "line", as long as your boat is past the buoy line...

skunkmaster
09-24-2012, 09:33 AM
I applaud your integrity! Thanks for keeping it honest.

TroutOnly
09-24-2012, 12:59 PM
RYAN THAT WAS A FUNNY LITTLE CONVERSATION WE HAD AND YOU DID WHAT MOST GUYS WOULD NOT HAVE DONE,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND THAT STUFF I TAUGHT YOU DOES WORK,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

cutbait
09-24-2012, 03:08 PM
RYAN THAT WAS A FUNNY LITTLE CONVERSATION WE HAD AND YOU DID WHAT MOST GUYS WOULD NOT HAVE DONE,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,AND THAT STUFF I TAUGHT YOU DOES WORK,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

I second...

the respect you just instantly gained is well worth the $300 dollars. Wish more were as honest as you

Good on ya

bruce watson
09-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Ryan, you are an honest fisherman. I'm proud of you.

Jester
09-24-2012, 08:14 PM
Good man for not putting that fish up. It was the right call and you sir deserve kudos for it.

troutdog
09-24-2012, 09:48 PM
Congrats on the nice striper, your integrity will be rewarded 2 fold in the future.

TD

striperkingclassic
09-24-2012, 10:49 PM
To Ryan- Thank you for being so honest at your first fishing tournament. You have set a great example for other angler's on this site, some that have never fished in a tournament and others that are seasoned veterans. For the next Striper King Classic event, I would like to extend a complimentary ticket for you and a special sponsor bag similar to the one's we gave out at the Super Raffle. Please PM me with your contact information and I'll answer any questions or concerns. Thanks again and I want to thank you for entering our tournament. I'm really glad you had a good experience!
Barry

ryanbsimmcon
09-25-2012, 07:33 AM
WOW! Thank You All for the good words and most of all making me feel part of a community. Thank you Barry for the kind offer and a great event!

HawgStalker
09-25-2012, 07:43 AM
I agree as well and applaud your honesty also.....

Good job man!

Big Daddy
09-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Ryan right after TO talked to you and had told me what you had done I new some would understand and many wouldn't, and all I can say is that you made the call that you thought was right for you not always right in everyone elses eye's but your the one that needs to be confident with your decision. Your a good man.:Applause: It's not about what others see it's about what we know.

BD

DARKPASSENGER
09-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Captain Ryan of the Chattahoochee. You know I'll always respect your call on your vessel! It's honor to be able to fish with you on your boat good buddy!! It was a tuff call!!! My competitive edge was to let the authorities decide. Being that it was our first time entering a tournament. I'm looking to get some W's under the Chattahoochee's belt!!! Now, let's go killem! I'M looking to dethrone those guys next year. )
From one of the HAPPY, "UNHAPPY FISHING PARTNERS"

5150fishn
09-28-2012, 10:11 AM
I applaud your honesty and you will be rewarded with good karma!