PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Clark 9/22

reelgurlzfish
09-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Thought I'd try to find a hungry cat even though I know night is best here ...... Big skunk ! Oh well. Always enjoy being outside and talking to other nice people. :-D

troutman27
09-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Were you fishing on the south side of the lake...closest to the museum?

reelgurlzfish
09-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Were you fishing on the south side of the lake...closest to the museum?

Yep sure was. Did I talk to you?

bassfishing24/7
09-22-2012, 09:28 PM
U should have went to la mirada,it was heavily stocked last weekend for a kids derby & might still be holding some left over.

reelgurlzfish
09-22-2012, 09:48 PM
U should have went to la mirada,it was heavily stocked last weekend for a kids derby & might still be holding some left over.
Ya guess I should have lol. I was told Ralph got stocked. ..but then too I'm told they are only biting at night. What's a girl to do when she can't do night time sessions .... I guess what I did today. .. catch some sun and not eat catfish for dinner :-D

etucker1959
09-22-2012, 09:58 PM

Nice thought but La Mirada is dead as a door nail.

bassfishing24/7
09-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Ya guess I should have lol. I was told Ralph got stocked. ..but then too I'm told they are only biting at night. What's a girl to do when she can't do night time sessions .... I guess what I did today. .. catch some sun and not eat catfish for dinner :-D
U can do night sessions at la mirada til 10pm....

etucker1959
09-22-2012, 10:00 PM

The beat goes on, it really is a night time thing at Clark.

etucker1959
09-22-2012, 10:03 PM
U can do night sessions at la mirada til 10pm....

No not really, the signs say no fishing at night. DFG regulations say fishing is permited only one hour after sun set. The park personell will tell you no fishing at night and for good measure the cops will kick you out if they see you.

reelgurlzfish
09-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Guess I will stick with salt water tomorrow. Gonna try and do a night session at cerritos. Closer for me than Clark so maybe easier for a weekday. ... .. thanks to all of you for your comments. Always appreciate the input.

etucker1959
09-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Guess I will stick with salt water tomorrow. Gonna try and do a night session at cerritos. Closer for me than Clark so maybe easier for a weekday. ... .. thanks to all of you for your comments. Always appreciate the input.

I'm going to try Clark tonight, I'll pm you with the results. My buddy on Fri night got a double limit, all C&R of course.

Cartman
09-23-2012, 02:14 PM
No not really, the signs say no fishing at night. DFG regulations say fishing is permited only one hour after sun set. The park personell will tell you no fishing at night and for good measure the cops will kick you out if they see you.

I think that is probably a park rule. As far as I know DFG does not restrict night fishing except in certain specified waters for trout and salmon. Also, you may be lucky if the cops only kick you out as any of our ninjas can tell you.

Fishing Hours (CCR, T14, Chapter 2, Article 2)
3.00. Fishing Hours.

(a) Day Defined: One hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset. Remaining hours are night.
(b) All fish may be taken day or night, except as follows:
(1) WATERS WITH RESTRICTED FISHING HOURS FOR ALL SPECIES:
(A) American River between Business 80 and Nimbus Dam (Sacramento Co.): Night fishing prohibited
(B) Heenan Lake, (Alpine Co.): See Section 7.50(b)(76)(A).
(C) Mono County: Night fishing is prohibited in all Mono County waters except Topaz Lake, where fishing is prohibited from two hours after sunset to one hour before sunrise.
(D) Tahoe Lake (Placer and El Dorado cos.): Fishing is prohibited from two hours after sunset to one hour before sunrise.
(2) WATERS WHERE NIGHT AND DAY FISHING IS ALLOWED, BUT NO TROUT OR SALMON MAY BE TAKEN AT NIGHT:
(A) North Coast District.
(B) North Central District, all waters except Berryessa Lake (Napa Co.) and Mendocino Lake (Mendocino Co.)
(C) South Central District, all waters except Coyote Lake (Santa Clara Co.)
(D) Valley District, north of Interstate 80, all waters except Camp Far West Lake (Nevada, Placer, and Yuba counties), Collins Lake (Yuba Co.), Oroville Lake (Butte Co.), and Wildwood Lake (Nevada Co.).
(E) Shasta, Siskiyou, Lassen and Tehama counties.

etucker1959
09-23-2012, 03:04 PM
I think that is probably a park rule. As far as I know DFG does not restrict night fishing except in certain specified waters for trout and salmon. Also, you may be lucky if the cops only kick you out as any of our ninjas can tell you.

Fishing Hours (CCR, T14, Chapter 2, Article 2)
3.00. Fishing Hours.

(a) Day Defined: One hour before sunrise to one hour after sunset. Remaining hours are night.
(b) All fish may be taken day or night, except as follows:
(1) WATERS WITH RESTRICTED FISHING HOURS FOR ALL SPECIES:
(A) American River between Business 80 and Nimbus Dam (Sacramento Co.): Night fishing prohibited
(B) Heenan Lake, (Alpine Co.): See Section 7.50(b)(76)(A).
(C) Mono County: Night fishing is prohibited in all Mono County waters except Topaz Lake, where fishing is prohibited from two hours after sunset to one hour before sunrise.
(D) Tahoe Lake (Placer and El Dorado cos.): Fishing is prohibited from two hours after sunset to one hour before sunrise.
(2) WATERS WHERE NIGHT AND DAY FISHING IS ALLOWED, BUT NO TROUT OR SALMON MAY BE TAKEN AT NIGHT:
(A) North Coast District.
(B) North Central District, all waters except Berryessa Lake (Napa Co.) and Mendocino Lake (Mendocino Co.)
(C) South Central District, all waters except Coyote Lake (Santa Clara Co.)
(D) Valley District, north of Interstate 80, all waters except Camp Far West Lake (Nevada, Placer, and Yuba counties), Collins Lake (Yuba Co.), Oroville Lake (Butte Co.), and Wildwood Lake (Nevada Co.).
(E) Shasta, Siskiyou, Lassen and Tehama counties.

Good point!!! The hours posted was on a sign at La Mirada for at least 30 yrs before it rusted away.

troutman27
09-23-2012, 07:06 PM
"Yep sure was. Did I talk to you?"

I briefly spoke to you, well, more like, "Good morning". Ha ha.....I am super skinny dude that wears dark glasses. I usually fly fish, but lately I have hit the local lakes with my bass rod. I will definitely chit chat with you in the future.

TM27

reelgurlzfish
09-23-2012, 07:34 PM
"Yep sure was. Did I talk to you?"

I briefly spoke to you, well, more like, "Good morning". Ha ha.....Im super skinny dude that wears dark glasses. I usually fly fish, but lately I have hit the local lakes with my bass rod. I will definitely chit chat with you in the future.

TM27
OK mystery man. Wierdly I get these 'I saw you but you don't know me' emails often lol take care :-D

allIdoIsfish
09-23-2012, 07:56 PM
OK mystery man. Wierdly I get these 'I saw you but you don't know me' emails often lol take care :-D

Thats just creepy. LOL

reelgurlzfish
09-24-2012, 05:51 AM
Thats just creepy. LOL
It really is lol