PDA

View Full Version : Boat ride rough water out of San Diego

Jig-Guy
09-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Quick post: I fished an overnight on the boat Producer H&M Landing Wednesday 9/19. The boat and crew did a great job providing outstanding customer service. Nice bait & lots of it. Total fish count 23. 5 small YT, 15 YF Tuna, 1 Dodo & 2 Albacore. The big albacore got the jackpot. I caught 1 small yellowtail, no scunk. The rough water wore me out hanging on to anything I could find, 2 foot swell my a**. The bunks on this boat are great and comforable, saved my life. Most of the fish were caught on the troll. I caught my fish on live bait fishing a patty. I think there was at least 8 fisherman out of 28 seasick and chumming. A real long day for these guys. Did not take pictures I was busy trying to stand up & stay on the boat it was so rough:Angry:. Anyway you could fish the Producer with confidence I enjoyed the trip on her.
tl
Jig-Guy / Bill

DockRat
09-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Bummer on the weather. Lots of guy chumming is no good.
thanks for the post.

Went thursday, launched at S I 3:00 am. Got bait then heading out.
Hit the 421, 390, real bumpy 7 sec swells. Trolled a couple hours then by a small paddy a YT hit the White bigger squid jet head with red rubber and 5 smaller squids spaced 6" apart. My buddy reeled it in, 20 lb YT (his boat).
Hit a few dry paddies tossing dines on the slide. Then the wind and popcorn. Headed back trolling hit Salvador, 230, 302. Couple dry paddies. Saw 1/2 Dolhins jumping, cruised by and saw a Marlin.
Tossed baits, sunk out. Hit one paddies loaded with YT rats. C&R ed a dozen. Kept a few 8 lbers.
14 hours on the water. Home at 10 pm. The wind really ruined it but did lay back in the later pm.
A buddy went to the 1010 and got beat up in the wind in a 24'. YT rats C&R and a couple Do DOs.
DR

Jig-Guy
09-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Thank's for the interest and reply DR! Sounds like you folk's were in the same weather. I am glad you did get bit and were able to c&r. A 20 pound yellowtail sounds good to me since I love eating YT, 8 pounders are great also. Long day getting beat up, but that is what is required off shore most of the time.
jg

DockRat
09-24-2012, 06:55 AM
Try doing it in a 24' Ranger Bayrunner. Lol
Good thing my buddy has izon glass plastic around the T top or we would have gotten soaked.
DR

murrieta angler
09-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Sounds like you had some serious winds.
Good job not getting the skunk.
It seems the albies are quite big this year, I got a 40 pounder on the 14th and a 26.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><