PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 9/21

P.A.W.
09-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Had a furlough day from the school district today so what's a guy to do? Fish!. Got to the lake a little later than normal thinking I'd have the place to myself. NOPE! Got to the inlet and it was jammed. Like 8 or 10 boats all casting into the flow. Too much for me . BTW the water was comming in fast and hard.

Downshifted into LMB and started poking around. Slow. Got a few on a shad pattern shallow crank, but nothing on plastics. Saw lots of bait, but no boils and no fish. Take that back. The catfish were busting shad. Just another odd Skinner day. I bet the bait n wait guys were doing ok. You know, a slow hot summer day just right for some stinky bottom bait.

allIdoIsfish
09-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Had a furlough day from the school district today so what's a guy to do? Fish!. Got to the lake a little later than normal thinking I'd have the place to myself. NOPE! Got to the inlet and it was jammed. Like 8 or 10 boats all casting into the flow. Too much for me . BTW the water was comming in fast and hard.

Downshifted into LMB and started poking around. Slow. Got a few on a shad pattern shallow crank, but nothing on plastics. Saw lots of bait, but no boils and no fish. Take that back. The catfish were busting shad. Just another odd Skinner day. I bet the bait n wait guys were doing ok. You know, a slow hot summer day just right for some stinky bottom bait.

I was thinking about going out there today but i wasnt sure if there was a good LMB bite or not so i ended up staying close.

Funny you noticed catfish busting shad, cause I noticed the same thing here and got a huge cat to choke a crankbait today.

JAG107
09-21-2012, 08:35 PM
was stripey biting at least [what you could tell]? Unusual sized crowd for a fall friday huh? At least you got some action!

P.A.W.
09-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Well, I spoke with the guy who was first at the bouy line. He got 2 quick ones. I hung around and watched for a bit and saw noone catching. Got up this morning to overcast skies..... Hmmmm. Looks like I'll be hitting it Sunday. Promised the wife some more striper Ceviche so I'll be in full stripey mode. Ready with umbrella and downrig if needed.