PDA

View Full Version : californian rods

TrOuT FeVeR
09-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Hey everybody i was wondering where i can find the green/black turners split grip spinning rod thank you.

Frequent Flyer
09-19-2012, 03:51 PM
what model are you looking for?

Slims
09-23-2012, 03:48 PM
They discontinued making the "tournament" californian rod last year, which is the green one you are asking about. Pissed me off too because they had a "life time" warranty on it. Mine broke fighting a foul hooked carp. Brought it in to turners to get it replaced. Keep in mind that the tournament one you are talking about originally cost over 100 bucks. Anyway, I go in and they tell me they dont make that series anymore, but they will replace it with another californian. I say OK, and go take a look. All they have are lower level californian rods. Nothing as light, or as sensitive, or as thin that is good enough to be an UL jigging stick. I tell them Im not interested in the black or blue californians and what are my other options. They tell me they will give me the price it was when they last sold the tournament rod. I say good, that is an excellent compromise. Well, I got boned because the last time it was sold was at the fred hall show on closeout, and I would be receiving 39.99 back unless I could find a receipt. Well, it had been a few years that I had the rod so there was no way I was finding a receipt. So I took the 39.99 in store credit and bought some saltwater gulp and hooks. I was pretty upset but what could I do? I learned my lesson and I wont be buying any turners made rods or reels anymore expecting a true "lifetime" warranty.

I guess I rambled but there you have it. They don't make them anymore.