PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Trip to Sequoia in June

Natural Lefty
09-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Here are a couple of photos from my birthday trip to Sequoia in June, although it's my wife who is in the photos. This doesn't reflect the number of Brookies we caught that day, which was probably around 60 between the 2 of us, but we only got pictures of a few of them.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j368/NaturalLefty/Eunice's%20Photos%20172_zpsd9119047.jpg

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j368/NaturalLefty/Eunice's%20Photos%20175_zps95c60366.jpg

ityperx
09-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Holy Moly, that's a nice brookie. Very nice catch. Was this on the same trip you took up north? I remember reading your last report about Oregon. If not, then you had a nice summer vacation(s).

EDIT: I just noticed the titled. So this was prior to the Oregon trip.

Natural Lefty
09-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Yes, ityperx, the date was June 22, before we went on the big vacation to the Pacific Northwest. I just hadn't posted anything about it previously. We caught several Brookies that were around 10 inches from the creek, plus a bunch of various size smaller ones. You can't even see the creek in the photos, because it's surrounded by lush meadow vegetation, and it's a small creek but not that small. The Brookies clearly are well suited to that place and there are hordes of them in there. They would actually swim up to a jig and inhale it from the bottom of the creek.

teejay
09-27-2012, 09:26 PM
Lefty, I just hope that the mosquitoes in that meadow aren’t as big as the fish.
We didn’t make it up to the park this year during our vacation as I hoped. We stayed near the Sequoia National forest but it’s still an hour and a half drive to the park. There were some fishing opps on the Tule River which kept me busy.

Natural Lefty
09-28-2012, 03:05 PM
The Tule River is completely to the south of Sequoia. How was the fishing there? The only place I have fished on the Tule River was not far upstream from Success Lake. (My dad had a bite but lost the fish.)

The fishing spot we went to is supposed to have mosquitoes and biting flies, but we encountered no biting flies and only a couple of mosquitoes, and they weren't nearly as big as the Brookies.