PDA

View Full Version : Paddle at Skinner... 9/18 am

Slater
09-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Got on the water about 6:20ish, and was amazed at all the little shad(silversides?) at the launch ramp. Granted its been awhile since i had been out, but it was good to see all that baitfish and the lil bass munching on them. Nothing big around so I went for my usual paddle out to the open areas looking for surfacing stripes. None found to my dissappointment - and continued out to the inlet and worked my way back to west facing shore. Conditions were calm and sky's clear. Fished the vegetation in 15ft of water for LMB, popping one off to the weeds... Getting hot, just passed 10, and paddled back to the ramp. Messed around with a small finger jig to get some pulls from the tiny largemouths and that about summend up my morning.... [Some others did get into a few stripes early on].
Either way a nice day on the water, some great exercise, and i will be back soon.. might even shore it later this evenings - Too much bait around - for the bigger fish to not make a showing...

P.A.W.
09-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Must have been nice and quiet out there today. Sounds pretty typical. Lots of bait, tough LMB bite, no stripers boiling. If I had a Yak I'd be trying some creature baits in hard to reach water....... just thinkin' ;)

Slater
09-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Went back out to skinner for the last 30 minutes of sun set... Walked the points of the south shore where I've had luck in the past, not as much baitfish as I suspected and no surfacing fish besides the ole carps showing themselves every so often. Nice walk, just wish I had some feesh to cast on...
By the way has it been quiet on the surface, l remember different around this time last year and year before