PDA

View Full Version : Skunk or no skunk you choose

keepemlo
09-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Had to hit the surf again it had been so long,got out embarrassingly late ,,didn't call anyone ,,to late 7:00,,parking was cool for such a projected hot day,,looked at my gear all was well except had no black 110, strange I know I gave one away but I hadn't lost any ,,so I tie on the blue one ,,off I go ready for action,,the waves were somewhat high ,to 4ft but ive fished worse,,water was a little dirty so I kept moving,I started to notice a lot of bait fish !!I thought wow this is the first time vie ever fished under baitfish!I turned from Stan into "keepemlo,fisherman exstroadinair"I'm looking for any advantage a fish swimming or chasing anything cast after cast,,I noticed the baitfish were small and white,,so I tied on my muirietta angler lc,(Robert your success with the lighter color lures gives me the confidence in this lure,now this is where it gets a little tricky,,as Am fan casting I reel in my lc and lo and behold ive"caught some sand crabs!not a fish but caught on my lure theoretically ,does that mean the skunk is off or am I reaching for straws?anyway felt great to be out there again didn't have any takers ,,will try it again this weekend ,,has anyone fish at night thinking bout some sessions after work,,anyway lots of bites

LuckyCraft420
09-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Haha. When sand crabs are plentiful I always end up snagging a few. Your call on the catch.

TUNAVIC
09-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Did that crab have fins?

SP Dan
09-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Hey Stan!

Ha ha ha........:LOL: fillet a few out, roll them in flour, cook until golden brown in butter and call me in the morning.
I don't believe that sand crabs are in the same family as fish..... and fish is our targeted species.....right?! :ROFL:
No......I'd say that the SKUNK is what you landed this day! Nice try though! ha ha ha!
Good luck out there my friend, I know that it's just a matter of time and you'll soon be beaching some real fish again!

Thanx for the fun report but next time would you please include some pic's of your catch! :ROFL: ha ha ha!
Also....It's good to read a report from you again my friend! :Wink:

PS...we need to hook it up again in the salt.......hopefully soon my friend! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

keepemlo
09-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Yeah you got me,,don't think I'll be fixing any kabobs,with that catch ,,,till next time lotsofbites