PDA

View Full Version : Saturday at the upper.

Bassfan
09-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Went out to try more of what I learned from TO and started in the ski arm where we saw the same scattered surface action for the first half hour or so but couldn't get ant to hit the topwater. Started trolling about 8am and 3 minutes in got slammed by a nice 6 lb. striper.
Trolled for 2 more hours with nothing so went to the fish arm. A couple minutes after starting to troll a small patch of stripers came up right near the boat but with the boat moving we didn't have much chance. As we trolled past the area where the briefly boiled, we got hit and as my buddy reeled the fish the other rod started and we assumed it was tangled with the fighting fish but no, it was a double hookup with both in the 4-5 lb size. Continued to troll for a long time with nothing so we reeled in the lines to move to a new spot and on the one rod in came a small schoolie looking very exhausted. I think we gave him a ride for at least a half hour before realizing he was there. Need a better trolling rod. Back to the ski arm and had one more good hit and thanks to a clinch knot that came undone there is now a striper swimming around with a nice new jig in his mouth. No more clinch knots, going to a uni-knot for the leaders. Fun day and some good meals including an Indian curry with striper chunks in the sauce. Good stuff.

kaneo
09-17-2012, 11:18 AM
an albright knot is good for tying braid to floro, or any other connection..

karlow
09-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Hey the Striper curry is my thing. I made it last night and I did not know anyone else made that stuff!
Carrots, potatoes, a bit of cellery, gralic, and curry add rice!
I only cought three on Sat. All on the troll. no love on the boils.
Maybe next time.

KP

TroutOnly
09-17-2012, 08:13 PM
palomar knot jim..................

karlow
09-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Not a better rod, you need to stop bigger fish!
Those wee boys require that you see them hit. or you have to notice that bend is a bit more than usual.
I have been know to take them for a ride and discuss the bend in the rod.
My curry is even better today! So is the cevichie.
Bob that blk can is the sht I stunk up half my house. Next time I should be good for at least four fish on the troll!
I'm marinading my crap, it's go be funky.

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Mono, Flouro, Copolymer – Improved Clinch Knot but wrap SEVEN Time around

Braid – Improved Clinch Knot but wrap EIGHT time around when using Braid OVER 15 lbs.

Braid 15lbs or less wrap NINE times….

it will never slip if your tying things correctly…been doing it for years..

good luck..
Gary