PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Slay 9/16

Tubbytuba
09-16-2012, 09:25 PM
hit the dam at about 0540, and tossed out two poles, one medium light spinning rod with a C-rig and a night crawler, and one 7ft ugly stick with a double circle hook surf rig baited with anchovies (targeting catfish). my anchovies couldn't last 5 minutes, the micro's were stealing my bait every time and big circle hooks dont really work on them. so i put some freeze dried chicken liver on the surf rig and threaded an anchovy tail onto my lighter pole. not five minutes into this soak my light pole with the anchovies get a bite, i set the hook and started playing the micro stripper when my catfish pole gets nearly pulled into the water. i land the 12 inch stripper and pick up the other pole. the circle hooks worked perfectly and he was still there. i negotiated my micro as payment to a near by angler for helping me net my catfish. nice 5 LB cat, hooked right in the corner of the mouth, i could have sat and had lunch and he wouldn't have come off haha. i caught a limit of micros by 0900, i CnR'd all but two, wanted to make some ceviche with my catfish lol.

zack stroud
09-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Well looks like iam hittin the dam soon...thanks for the report!

The Fishing Queen
09-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Good sized catfish, thanks for the report! I love to catch them and deep fly them lousiana style. But never heard of catfish ceviche.

Cali626
09-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Wow. That's a nice looking kitty + strippers. Awlsome catch!!

Tubbytuba
09-17-2012, 04:16 PM
stipper ceviche, sorry should have been more clear. either that or those micros are becoming fish tacos...

Airona124
09-18-2012, 08:16 PM
nice dude ive came across a good school on thurs all in 30 mins its a hit miss thing though

Viejo
09-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Love it when you get to play with the little strippers!