PDA

View Full Version : USC Heartbreak Bass at the Goon

CL SmooV
09-16-2012, 10:17 AM
The plan was to hit the goon (havent been seeing any reports as of late) last night and try to catch some BIGS after celebrating USC stomping out the tree people of Stanford........

Well, I caught some BIGS but my TROJANS got it handed to them pretty good (sigh). Oh well, Fight On as we say...

I arrive at the Goon at around 1045. I have 3 spots that I fish when I go, and I headed to spot number 1. Method I opted to go with was all top water and shallow running cranks for the night.

Spot 1 yielded one small 16" fish. Good start. But I soon left due to some campers chucking rocks nearby for 10 minutes straight.

Spot 2 gave me some crashes, but no hook ups. I fished it for 30 minutes. Nothing.

Spot 3 produced. I got 3 solid fish out of it-- with one being a 24" inch monster. This thing inhaled my top water lure--- epic battle, lots of line peel. Heavy to hold for its photo shoot.

Bite and activity died around 1245. Fishing was good overall, caught a DD, but it still didnt take away the pain of that TROJAN loss :Evil:

CL

TroutOnly
09-16-2012, 11:38 AM
WAY TO SLAY MR SMOOV,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bratwurst
09-16-2012, 02:32 PM

24 inches is not a DD, especially a skinny one like that one dude

Ifishtoolittle
09-16-2012, 02:55 PM

No one ever said the last fish was a DD.

Ifishtoolittle
09-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Nice job CL SmooV! lol you should carry a tripod around so that you can get a full body shot of the bass.

CL SmooV
09-16-2012, 04:04 PM

Thanks for blessing me with your first post.........dude.

But, the first fish pictured was closer to 25" if not over. I rarely weigh or measure my fish but this one I had to because of how stoutly defined it was. And heavy. Second fish, yes average size. First pictured fish-- DD. No need to fib, we all know there's many dd's in the goon. I've caught a few.

CL SmooV
09-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Nice job CL SmooV! lol you should carry a tripod around so that you can get a full body shot of the bass.

Thanks Ifish-- fish was a beast!

You know, I do. I rarely fish with others, which would help to take a pic with the lunkers to give them scale. I need to invest in one but I'm sure my wife wouldn't approve this purchase. Ive been procrastinating on finding one. I'm gonna sneak and get one.

CL SmooV
09-16-2012, 04:12 PM

Thanks Uncle

Gonna be contacting you soon

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-17-2012, 10:15 AM

aww come on man...give 'em a break...

NOTE: there are NO skinny fish in the lagoon right now and please put away that length to weight ratio if ur using that....a fish that length will definately weigh in the DD range most likely MORE...that lake has it's own growth pattern....go to Casitas and thats a different story....Long and Lean....BUT Lagoon..

SHORT and STOUT.....footballs usually...

Give the guy some props...he caught some fish...he posted his sucess....thank him for the report...sheesh....I'd bet U go try there now...

qaze0
09-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Nice catch and i myself have never caught a peanut at night at the double L .. nice report thanks

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-17-2012, 03:00 PM
SORRY BOUT THAT CHARLES..

Nice catch there ...

great job at a rough period of the year for the bass to bite at the lagoon...

Nice work...

Congrats,
Gary

P.S.
That fish in my avatar went about 24 inches...and it weighed 13 lbs lus a little change...