PDA

View Full Version : MacArthur Park 9-14-2012 A hot, stinky mess.

ScottyP
09-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Never see reports from here so thought I'd add one. Hit up MacArthur Park in Los Angeles at about ten this morning.
I used my ultralight 2-lb set-up for bass and walked around the lake once; it was crazy hot already.
I talked to one other guy fishing for catfish. He told me he's been catching some nice ones at night, and he showed me some phone pics. Looked like he caught a few 10+.
The water was dirty. The paths were covered in pigeons and pigeon ****, and it smelled like piss everywhere.
I caught 5 dink bass, and lost a few more. Didn't see any big followers or cruisers.
I did see a group of very large carp. Might have to go back and try for those. I didn't see any bluegill.
No blurred pics, but don't go poaching my spot please. :LOL:
Thanks.
Peace.

DockRat
09-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Good effort in the Hood Scott
DR

bassfishing24/7
09-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Im surprised u didnt target the carp there,they seem to be pretty easy pickings!

GhettoBasster
09-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the report. I love those ghetto fishing holes. Hmm... "Fishing MacArthur Park in the Dark" - that would be a great song.

ScottyP
09-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Good effort in the Hood Scott
DR

Thanks DR! I'll keep the hood reports coming.

Im surprised u didnt target the carp there,they seem to be pretty easy pickings!

All I had was my ultralight setup. No chance of reeling in a 15+ lb carp on that.

BUSTER124
09-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Some of the boyz and I hit Mac Park a few weeks ago. We did about the same.. Lots of dinks.. The place has been raped. We talked to one of the local crackheads and he said he has seen a lot of 2-4 pound bass leave in buckets.. What can you expect.. We did see a guy catch a 13 pound carp..My avitar is my 8lb I caught there last year... I am afraid she might be gone now too..

wrestlefish
09-16-2012, 06:29 AM
would you guys care to share where you saw the big boy cars at? I love fishing for those on ultralights :)