PDA

View Full Version : Breaking in my new rod with my PB cat

Carptain_Bao
09-13-2012, 10:57 PM
Got to SFD around 4pm today, nobody is fishing there, well good for me. Set up at my usual spot. First baited my feeder with my killa doughbait, then I found out I lost my bait-needle for the boilies. Anyway I'm targeting carp so I baited size 10 baitholder with 3 pieces of corn. Cast my Black Phantom out, this rod is kinda too heavy and too stiff for me, but you cant beat the price. Put the line on the bite alarm then started to set up the floater rod. Around 4:30 had my first bite, but just a short bite on the feeder rig, had a couple short runs, almost running out of bait. Rebaited my feeder rig and cast it out to the same spot. This time I left some long slacks on my line but tightened the drag up. See bassfishing 24/4, tony and Lisa come fishing here, Lisa picked up a dink right after they got here. Got one more run but still, the fish spit the bait out before i could set the hook. Rebaited with the best doughtbait I could offer, suddenly the line was going out fast and furious, set the hook, FISH ON! Didnt feel like a big fish, but did see it jumoing out of the water twice, I brought it close to the shore, then I saw a big head, thank Lisa for netting this one and taking pics!!!
http://i46.tinypic.com/2wqzshu.jpg
While I was weighting this one, it came up to be 8lb 6oz, broke my pb 7lb.Released right away.
http://i47.tinypic.com/23kspqq.jpg
I gave up on my floater pole although the carp were chewing right where I cast my floater rod at, but they just wont bite my dough. Had a little bit bait left, barely enough to put it on the feeder, and i put another 3 pieces of corn my on the hook, waiting for the last bite. Tony,Bassfishing24/7 and Lisa were at the other end catching some decent bass, while I was packing up, just as i expected, another bite, this one fought harder the 8lber, but came up to be 2or3 lber. Took this one home. Thank you Bassfishing24/7 for netting this bad boy for me!!!
All in all a good day for all of us, everyone beat the skunk, finally broke in my new rod with a big cat, gotta do some more fishing at SFD next week when the groundbait I've ordered is here.

The Fishing Queen
09-13-2012, 11:02 PM
Bao, nice catch! Congratulation!

Hometown
09-13-2012, 11:20 PM
dude you have SFD dialed in congrats Bao keep slaying

troutdog
09-14-2012, 12:28 AM
BAO da Kitty Killah! WTG dude, keep posting brotha!

TD

bassfishing24/7
09-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Glad to help u land ur kitty,we all beat the skunk so it turned out to be a good day!!

TonyLisa
09-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Always a pleasure fishing with all of you anytime you beat the skunk is a good day

Big Daddy
09-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Your a Rock Star Bro Congrats.

PONTOON
09-14-2012, 10:01 AM
StroBao, excellent report and congratulations on your personal best catfish!:Cool:

Carptain_Bao
09-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Thanks for all the kind words guys, I will definitely keep posting!
Tight lines!

DynoDan
09-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Get at me next time ur going to SFD. Nice kitty!

fishfnatic
09-23-2012, 01:03 AM
I don't know how I missed this post. That a mighty fine cat there Bao. Congrats on the PB!

Cartman
09-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Holy Cow, that is one long catfish. Congratulations. I bet that was crazy fun reeling in on that long rod. WTG, Bao.