PDA

View Full Version : Night fishing for crappie?

Sebastian323
09-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I was looking through this book I have about panfish and I came across a page that talks about using lights to attract crappie to a dock/pier at night. Has anyone had any luck with this method? I was thinking of putting a bunch of LEDs hooked up to a battery in a plastic jar and floating it. I might try this out at Puddingstone since its the lowest place to me that I know has crappie.

etucker1959
09-13-2012, 10:35 PM
I was looking through this book I have about panfish and I came across a page that talks about using lights to attract crappie to a dock/pier at night. Has anyone had any luck with this method? I was thinking of putting a bunch of LEDs hooked up to a battery in a plastic jar and floating it. I might try this out at Puddingstone since its the lowest place to me that I know has crappie.
Up until this season this was standard operating practice at night at Irvine lake. I bought a green squid light at Sav on tackle and hooked it up to a car battery and would toss it in the water at night to attract the bait. It never failed to do just that and then the crappie would follow. I don't know enough about Puddingstone bait situation to tell you if it would work there, but the light is a proven idea that works.