PDA

View Full Version : Need drive to brookies/ and troll tips

fishfinder
09-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Was wondering if any one knows where i can take my 70 year old Dad to catch some brookies. He can't walk further than a parking lot away. We do have a small boat. Going up on sept. 20th. I never know when its going to be the last trip he can make with me, so I want it to be a memorable one. Also he likes to troll for any kind of trout, but not leadcore. any tips? We are staying in mammoth. thanks.....

EMarty
09-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Lundy lake has a lot of small Brook trout along with stocked Rainbows and a few Browns. Short drive from 395, and there is enough water to launch a small boat this year. Good luck on the trip and be sure to post a report when you get back.

fishfinder
09-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Lundy lake has a lot of small Brook trout along with stocked Rainbows and a few Browns. Short drive from 395, and there is enough water to launch a small boat this year. Good luck on the trip and be sure to post a report when you get back.

i didnt know u could put a boat in there. what about virginia lakes?

TroutOnly
09-11-2012, 09:33 PM
lake mary at mammoth they have two launch areas and lots of brook trout,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,

fishfinder
09-11-2012, 09:45 PM
lake mary at mammoth they have two launch areas and lots of brook trout,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,

really. i didnt know that. but i think my only trip to lake mary was a skunk. any tips on the brookies mr. bob.

simijab
09-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Saddleback lake is full if them

fishfinder
09-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Saddleback lake is full if them

yes i thought about going there, but dont want to tow my boat up that big ***** hill.

simijab
09-12-2012, 04:05 PM
yes i thought about going there, but dont want to tow my boat up that big ***** hill.

its a cool spot if youve never been and depending on the size of your boat I would think it would be worth it. There is a spring that comes up in the lake that is always holding fish over it. I can tell you where it is if interested

fishfinder
09-12-2012, 04:33 PM
its a cool spot if youve never been and depending on the size of your boat I would think it would be worth it. There is a spring that comes up in the lake that is always holding fish over it. I can tell you where it is if interested

ok, i have been to the lake before. thats how i know about the big hill. ever have any trouble with the 2 strokes running at that altitude? i would like to know where the spring is. if the hill up to crowley isnt to bad we might just go up there. i love that lake. in case you havent seen my other post, i am pulling my boat with a hyundai accent. but its only 500 lbs

Guest Who
09-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Hey, if you want to catch brook trout without walking, drive to the beaver ponds above lundy lake (id disconnect the boat first since its a narrow gravel road. They are full of *small* brook trout, although the water is clear so you have to be careful not to spook them. The gravel road goes right along the edge of the ponds; you can see the small fish from your driver's window.

fishfinder
09-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Hey, if you want to catch brook trout without walking, drive to the beaver ponds above lundy lake (id disconnect the boat first since its a narrow gravel road. They are full of *small* brook trout, although the water is clear so you have to be careful not to spook them. The gravel road goes right along the edge of the ponds; you can see the small fish from your driver's window.

thanks that sounds good. might just fish lundy for a couple hours and then leave the boat in the parking lot and head up there.

fishfinder
09-16-2012, 08:57 PM
thanks that sounds good. might just fish lundy for a couple hours and then leave the boat in the parking lot and head up there.

maybe not fishing lundy. looks like it might be to low to launch there

fishfinder
09-17-2012, 06:36 PM

think i will make this my first stop. thanks bob

EMarty
09-19-2012, 06:27 PM
maybe not fishing lundy. looks like it might be to low to launch there

Lundy is low, but not too low to put a boat in... I was up there a couple weeks ago.

seal
09-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Lake Mary this time of the year around the creek inlets.