PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Caddis Navigator II???

Big_Mike
08-26-2007, 07:54 PM
I think this is the one i will be getting but i cant find any reviews i only found one and he said its not the best for a newbie becouse its hard to keep blowen up but im a newbie meaning im going to be leaning a lot so i would like to lean as much as i can about this one. Please help me.

Socal Bassman
08-27-2007, 02:53 AM
I still say spend the extra bucks and go for the ODC 420. The Caddis has the sling seat style as compared to the "above water" seating of the ODC. Believe me, the difference in mobility and maneuverability is like night and day. I just don't see spending money on a tube, only to upgrade to a better tube within a year or so. If and when I decide to upgrade, I'll be looking at a toon or a boat.

Or maybe one of these :D...

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/NavII.JPG

Fisher-of-Men
08-27-2007, 05:11 AM
That is a sweet looking tube SoCal............!
Cool :!: Trolling Motor set up and everything. :thumb:

My thoughts exactly.................."No sense of spending now to only have to put down addittional money later to buy another because you want an upgrade."

That's really a cool looking tube!

Fisher-of-Men

Ronira
08-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Hey SoCal, what's the cost difference between that and a potoon boat? That tube looks like a hybrid between the two.

BBL2Baja
08-27-2007, 09:12 AM
To answer your original comment, the Caddis Nav II is the tube I have. I have no problems inflating or keeping it inflated. It's comfortable and agile on the water and has big pockets. The extra velcro laydown style rod holders come in handy. You are also far enough out of the water to where you are dry in your waders.
The only thing I've done to the tube is add PVC type rodholders. Hanging them from the D-rings was simple. No complaints thus far. I've heard good things about the Outcast line, but I've had no regrets getting the Caddis.

Later,
Scott

Socal Bassman
08-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Ron, you're right about it being a hybrid. It falls right between a tube and a toon. Price wise it runs up there with the more expensive toons. I think the lowest I found it for was somewhere around $800, but $1,200+ is what North Fork's website and other online outlets list it for. Might be pricey, but then again it's a Scadden creation.

Ronira
08-27-2007, 12:16 PM
I hear you SoCal, everything Dave Scadden makes cost but his pontoons have a class 4 whitewater rating. That is pretty much a serious get your attention whitewater river. I've guided quite a few class 4 rivers and have had myself humbled on a few. Then again having a boat rated for that class of whitewater does not mean it's a good idea to take a boat that size on class 4 whitewater. It means the boat is capable of withstanding the punishment. I can assure you if you take these pontoons down a full on class 4 run you will spend time upside down. BELIEVE ME. His boats are really nice though and probably worth the money.