PDA

View Full Version : Perris Fri 9-7... Yikes!!!!!

Pete Marino
09-10-2012, 12:21 AM
So KaralM called me last week after he heard how good Ive been on the bass lately. He had been itching to get out there for a while but had been too busy. So when he realized he had Friday off, he called me and asked if I could get him out to Perris for some Perris Bass Abuse!!!
Mike wanted to get a coarse in Deep open water bass fishing with possibly some early morning shallow fishing...So I met Mike at the ramp at 6am and off we went...
I told Mike that the plan for the day was to hit same shallow grass to throw topwaters and other reaction baits for a little while then go out and chase around the bass in deep water.
So we pull up to our first spot and we both start firing topwater baits....we fired...and fired...and fired...but no love!! After about 30 minutes we turned around and started firing other reactions baits into 8-13 ft of water...after about 5 casts I tell Mike, "Ive Seen Enough..I cant get my mind off the bass that are waiting for us in deep water...Lets Go put a hurt on them!!"
Mikes been with me enough to know that if Im not feeling it, its probably not happening.
So we head out to a small spot Ive caught some fish on out in about 48-52ft of water... within minutes I get bit but miss the bass, then, IM ON!!! and I swing a solid 2 1/2 lber into the boat... But we just werent getting bit like I thought we should be so I say..."3 more casts then we're gonna move".. That cast Mike got bit and set the hook...The bass was there for a second but got off... That was all I needed to see to know we needed to head to the next spot. So I put the troller up and off we went...
So we head to an area where Ive been getting open water deep fish in 48-56 ft of water.. I put the troller down and the graph LIGHTS up.:Big Grin: There was the mother load of bass under my boat...Mike couldnt wait to cast!!!
Within minutes we were putting a serious hammer to these bass. Hed catch one then Id catch one then we'd get a double hookup...and so on... Mike couldnt believe his eyes at how many bass were on my graph....this was his face.. :Shocked: lol
So were getting solid 2 1/2-4lb bass and then Mikes hooks a good one...Right at 5lbs!! NICE!!!
And then I get two around 4lbs.. And I say this school has some giants in it!! About that time Mikes rod doubled over and HES ON!!! But that was nothing new...EXCEPT...I asked how it felt and Mike said "SMALL".. Just then a Giant jumped right next to the boat!! I about jumped out of my shoes hahaha I expected a little one...So I grab the net and scoop it up... and it weighed 6 lbs 4ounces VERY NICE!!! This was officially Mikes Biggest bass ever in California...His Biggest Bass ever was at El Salto and that weighed 6 lbs 8ounces. But this was his Personal Best in US water. Congrats Mike!!!!
The bass were moving around quite a bit but we followed them around and kept catching them using Ice Jigs, and Plastics.. Towards the end of the day we had yet another Double Hookup. Mine was 4 1/4 lbs and Mikes was 4lbs.
We ended the day with about 30 bass total with Big Bass honors going to Mike for his 6 lber AND his 5 lber. Our biggest 5 bass weighed over 24 lbs. Pretty nice limit!!!
here are some pics..

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_7058.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_7064.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_7062.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_7073.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_7074.jpg

And heres what it looks like when all hell is breaking loose and the bass are STACKED up AND FEEDING under my boat!!!!

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_7061.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd134/TeamMarino/IMG_7060.jpg

These fish are on the chew guys....CALL ME!!

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideService.com
(909) 510-5679

karalm
09-10-2012, 06:10 AM
As I have told many FNN'ers in the past, you have to go with Pete at least once and put the hurt on these fish. Until you try his approach to attacking these school's, you do not know how much fun you are missing!! Pete knows this lake forward and backward and will put you on the fish for a very enjoyable day and for me, this was a great b-day present!! BTW, Pete was close as this US personal best for me was 6 lbs 3 ozs and my El Salto from Mexico was 6 lbs 11 ozs in keeping score and no fish tails. Call Pete ASAP and help put a hurt on those green meanies, you will be glad you did!!

Pete Marino
09-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Congrats on your PB Mike!! Yeah I thought I had the number off a little...good job anyway!!!!!!

Pete

jowo
09-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Another vote for Pete! I didn't post a report, but he took myself and my elderly parents out on a trip a couple weeks ago. He was a wildman, running around casting for them, netting fish, and working the trolling motor to keep us in place. They both had a great day, as did I, and learned a ton!

Pete Marino
09-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Hey Jowo....Do you want me to post a report from that trip with the pics? Id be happy to... I wasnt sure so I didnt.. There are some good pics of you guys and your moms big bass!!!

Pete

jowo
09-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Hey Pete,
No worries! We had a great time! If anyone has older parents they want to bring on a trip, Pete is the guy! He took great care of them so i was able to fish the whole day!

skunked again
09-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Hey Pete,
No worries! We had a great time! If anyone has older parents they want to bring on a trip, Pete is the guy! He took great care of them so i was able to fish the whole day!

You may include my vote also. I have used Pete twice now. He has this uncanny ability to put you on fish with a no holds barred attitude when it comes to guiding. I had taken him in the middle of a tough bite in the winter and bassing during the spawn. No matter what time of the year it is was he will teach you some very useful techniques and put you on fish.

Great catch guys!

Pete Marino
09-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Thanks John.... I appreciate the kind words. I put my heart and soul into my fishing because it is my passion, And I try my hardest all day whether Im guiding or fishing a tournament....Its just the way I roll!!

Thanks again!!

Pete

crappiemike
09-12-2012, 10:34 PM
You pick any slabs up in that deep
Water stuff this summer??????

Cm

Pete Marino
09-13-2012, 12:32 AM
nope not yet Mike most of the crappie are still on the sunken boats in 20-30ft of water.... I usually see them head further offshore into 45+ ft come december..

Pete

bassgrabber1
09-13-2012, 11:28 AM
WTG Pete!!! I love when the graph is lit up!!!!! Congrats Mike on the PB!!!!

swimbaitjunkie
09-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Sweet.....
Wish i had more days like that.....
Nice report...very thorough

Pete Marino
09-13-2012, 04:46 PM
swimbaitjunkie...Id trade any lagemouth Ive caught in the last month for NICE one football smallie like the one you are holding!!!!!

Pete

karalm
09-14-2012, 05:40 AM
Thanks James!! Appreciate the shout out!!