PDA

View Full Version : Fresh one

karlow
09-08-2012, 08:50 PM
We are looking a bit short on reports so here is one.
I went the lake today with Joe on his Tracker.
We got there about 20 min before they opened. Set up the gear and waited.
We had to go through inspection. That took about 15 min.
We headed to the usual area, as we neared Kong island We started to see fish boiling.
We past the first three sets of boils because Joe spotted a bigger one further down the canyon.
It was the right choice. We ended up in a boil that lasted about 20 min. Other boats past right by it.
Joe would get bumped multiple times on almost every cast, but I was not so lucky! He landed five fish in the 4 lb class.
I cough two one 4 lb class fish and a dink! I was only hit four times, we both dumped at least one fish at the net as well.
We were using what Bob had told us to use the previous week. My guess is I was cranking too fast.
It was a great start to the day! The fish all vanished and we started the troll (U-rigs)around and around in the area. Joe hooks up a good one, this time I nail on on the grind!
It was a personal first! Crap his was about 5 lbs and mine was close two. Things were looking kind of dead, so we trolled on, just like last week. We metered lots of fish in the magic zone (5-12ft deep) but no biters! WTF. We troll out of the area, I pick one on the troll, it was the smallest fish of the day. That dam thing should have been in Pyramid Lake! nJoe had two nice ones on the rigs, and I had the dinks!
We tried the other side of the lake, but not a lot of fish on the meter, no eyes in the sky, and no biters.
We rolled through a few typically productive spots, no joy. At this point we made bee-line back to the seen of the crime.
More trolling for nada. We decided to join those desperate souls on the orange line. They had had a little luck. Most of the action was deep inside the forbidden line safe from us.
After trying a few toys I broke out something special that I had picked up for just such an opportunity!
It worked. First time, the birds are moving toward our direction. I let it fly, there were no boils, at lest not yet. It was a case of great timing. I had one on the boat, and Joe and the others were shut out. The boil only lasted about 5 sec. then it was down. On the next fish, the birds and fish were working outside our range and off toward the north. I tried three cast, but was not getting to the right area because the wind was howling! After the fish were down, I managed to pull it into the right zone, guess who put one on the boat when no one else was even trying. Hat trick: We were all watching the birdies, The were moving toward up, I cast first, crank crank. the fish moved closer to us, and everyone cast!
Joe was first up. I slowed way down because The fish were all around the boat at this point.Slow slow, slow and bingo, I'm on! We put the two fish on the boat. As for the other guys no joy, they had a bird and a bird nest! That sucked, for them. The fish bum rushed us on that pass, they rolled through and kept going so did the birds! It was done we hung out for another half hour, but no birds, no fish.We left at about 2. All of the fish from the orange line were 4 lb class pigs.

KP

How?
By not running over the boils, not chasing boils, but sneaking up on them.
By making dam long cast.
By being persistent.
By being lucky, and using the right tool for the job!

TroutOnly
09-08-2012, 09:19 PM
KARLOW TELL LITTLE JOE I WANT MY RIG BACK,,,,,,,,,,,,,MY TURN IS TOMMOROW AND MON ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WAY TO KILL FELLAS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

karlow
09-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Bob, that rig of yours did all of the damage last week and half his troll fish this week!
I need some of the mojo juju or WTF Bob magic!

Isn't it past your bedtime!

Thanks for the tips Bob
I will show you my new secret weapon the next time I see you.
I will have to find some more first. They weren't at Walmart or Sport chalet.
I must have found it at BPS.
Joe does not have it, but you can bet he is on the hunt for it!