PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the surf today...

ityperx
09-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Hi, all
Just got back from my usual spot. Got there around 5:10 am, started the morning chucking LC's till my arm fell off to no avail. Kept at it till around 8:20 or so then I just gave up. Once the sun rise, water clarity was clear, bait fish swimming and jumping all around(for a good 15-20 mins) Threw my LC over them and slowly retrieved it back, nothing happens :Confused: I took a moment to gaze into the quarter moon(30 mins to un-tangle my line as it was caught up in tons of kelp). Next thing I know my line snaps, there goes my LC :( . About 10 mins afterward, I see my LC wash up shore along with the heap of sea grass. At this point, I'm saying to myself, "What the heck am I doing wrong here?" The LC attracted more seals/sea lions towards it then any fish. Oh well, enough of that; so in order for me beat the skunk, I decided to change things up, re-do my setup to C-rig with sand crab as the bait of choice and chucked that out there. Caught about 13-16 palm size perch. All C & R, sorry no pix.

bones
09-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Well..... Considering that Poseidon returned your Lucky Craft back to you and the seals didn't hit your bait .... I would consider your day a good one....LOL
I usually run right at the seal ....Yell....and burn a cast right at it's head. They promptly bail out of the area and think I'm trying to attack them.
Works for me!:ROFL:

To finish off your exciting day you beat the skunk with a perch slay. Good Job in my books. Thanks for the report but hey.....Your report lacks one thing......Where were you fishing?

SP Dan
09-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Hi ya ityperx,

Your report reads as though your day ended perfectly! You had a good day sir!
Poseidon's blessings come in both large flat species as well as petite palm sized ones!

Thanx for the fish report! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Which Way Out
09-10-2012, 06:25 AM
Weeds are never good. But you were smart enough to change things up and scored on something with fins and gills.

WWO

I*B*CATCHIN
09-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Sorry to hear about LC ...but glad you got it back....& all those sinks add up to a slab

smokehound
09-12-2012, 06:27 PM
When the salad is around, do away with the LC and switch to t-rigged grubs!

ityperx
09-15-2012, 03:14 PM
To finish off your exciting day you beat the skunk with a perch slay. Good Job in my books. Thanks for the report but hey.....Your report lacks one thing......Where were you fishing?

Sorry for late reply, Was outta town...I was fishing near Sunset Blvd, near "Gladstones"(I don't thats the name of it) restaurant. Not really familiar with area.