PDA

View Full Version : Best launch ramp at BBL?

JAG107
09-07-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm looking to launch my 18 footer this weekend, wondering the best place to launch? I've never fished this lake, and I'm itchin' to do me some trollin... Thanks in advance for any input!

gridjockey
09-07-2012, 09:37 PM
west ramp by the dam

JAG107
09-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the tip! Had a great experience with the MWD staff. Too bad they close Oct 3rd, I wish I could launch there for another month or so after that...

diamondbear
09-11-2012, 09:44 AM
Jag , welcome to Big Bear its a great place to troll , I went sat. and it was still a zoo up there with the boat traffic . The east launch ramp opens for boats on april 1 and closes on dec. 1 [ EAST RAMP ] ITS JUST 15 MIN. DRIVE FURTHER EAST ON THE ROAD . The MWD closes the WEST ramp on oct. 3 because the boating pressure is way slower , and cooler and the water skiers are gone . April , may , june ,oct. , nov. are the best time to troll big bear lk. //db

JAG107
09-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Great info DB!
I saw in the office at the west ramp that they have been stocking the DFGs at the east ramp lately. I thought it would be too shallow/warm for the trout back that far east? I guess not. Well, I'm definitely not a fan of paying launch fees if I don't have to, especially if theres a lake permit on top of all that! Pretty sure I'll be upgrading to the annual pass this weekend. Hope to see you all out there, I'll be in the Trophy CC with the green Bimini. Tight lines!