PDA

View Full Version : Best So. Cal Trout Lake

fish-hound
09-06-2012, 10:21 PM
So lately I've been doing quite a bit of bait dunkin for trout and was hoping to get the opinions of fellow FNN members on what the best lake in So. Cal is for trout fishing during trout season. I usually fish Lake Hemet, but I hear Irvine has trout, and some monsters, as well as Perris and Big Bear.

Frequent Flyer
09-06-2012, 11:15 PM
It all depends on what you prefer for fishing ie. city parks, natural lakes, or pay lakes...the pay lakes can have a killer bite on the larger models but so can some city parks. Scenery is also a big thing, personally nothing beats a good Yucaipa fish killin session. On the flip side, it's hard to beat the way those tail walkers run :D

fishinarteest
09-06-2012, 11:21 PM
So lately I've been doing quite a bit of bait dunkin for trout and was hoping to get the opinions of fellow FNN members on what the best lake in So. Cal is for trout fishing during trout season. I usually fish Lake Hemet, but I hear Irvine has trout, and some monsters, as well as Perris and Big Bear.

try brite lake in tehachapi. i catch trout every time i go there. go early in the morning

seal
09-07-2012, 07:53 AM
BBL best trout lake south of the Sierra's, but most just want to put down their 20 or so bucks in a pond and catch fresh stocked trout, if that's your thing then Irvine.

gridjockey
09-07-2012, 09:43 PM
i agree with seal and caught better fish than in the sierras

Ultralight
09-07-2012, 10:37 PM
i agree with seal and caught better fish than in the sierras

With BBL being so lare a body of wat, is it more of a boating lake if you want to catch consistently? Or does shore fishing do well consistently? A friend of mine will get many limits every time trolling so I always thought it is more of a boat fishing lake. He does catch and release primarily.

UL

esteban1t
09-07-2012, 10:55 PM
With BBL being so lare a body of wat, is it more of a boating lake if you want to catch consistently? Or does shore fishing do well consistently? A friend of mine will get many limits every time trolling so I always thought it is more of a boat fishing lake. He does catch and release primarily.

UL

you will definitely catch more and bigger fish on a boat cause you can get away from the weeds which are all over the shoreline!