PDA

View Full Version : Best Mammoth Lake to shore fish from????

SlayinRainbows
09-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Sorry about so many posts. We're leaving next week so I'm tryin to make some nearly last second decisions. We're eventually going to the upper owens river to fish in between crowley and the benton crossing bridge. Along the way we'd really like to stop at a lake or two and shore fish. Do you guys have any suggestions as to which lake we might have the most success from the shore?

DC5fishR
09-05-2012, 10:56 PM
I'd recommend Convict Lake for shore fishing in the Mammoth area, it's just across from Crowley.

seal
09-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Really man there are so many lakes just pick one and fish it! Convict can be a challenge at times very clear water but other times can be great, hike to the inlet. But Lake Mary, Mammoth twin lakes, George, all of the June loop, you are going to get a million different answers.

SlayinRainbows
09-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I hear ya seal. I tend to over think things. Looks like twin lakes will be the one!

Ultralight
09-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Key is to explore a bunch. Really. The most wonderful times I have had with my wife and boys are the serendipitous random explorations that turned up great fishing.

The most beautiful hike by far is on mosquito flats. Hike 5 hours round trip and see many breathtaking lakes. You can fish too. We caught 27 Brookies in about 3 hours....rather my boys did and that was just the bonus. We thought that place to be more beautiful than anything in Yosemite.

UL

SlayinRainbows
09-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Thanks ultralight. Will check that out for sure!

DEVOREFLYER
09-09-2012, 05:00 PM
If your going to fish the Upper Owens be sure to read the fishing regs as they have different regs where on the Upper Owens you fish (below the bridge, above the bridge, below the monument) each is a different reg.