PDA

View Full Version : The Bear 02 and o3 Swptembver 2012

Fresh H2O Bill
09-05-2012, 05:38 AM
My wife had a chance to get up to the house in Big Bear this past long weekend. Didn't do much around the house but I was able to get to the lake Sunday and Monday mornings for a little bass fishing.

As I'm kicking out to one of the spots I fish, E.T. goes flying past me like he had jets on his tube. For those of you who have fished with Eric, you know he can scoot on the water. I had a nice time fishing with him both mornings. He was hangin' em' right and left. We talked about spots on the lake and overall techniques used for the different varieties of inhabitants of BB Lake. It's always great to see you Eric, I enjoy the talks and learning from your knowledge of the lake.

We fished the rock jetty at Pine Knot Marina. The fishing was decent, I picked up 8 bass Sunday morning and 4 on Monday. The biggest was in the 1.5-2 lb range. Rigs were as follows: mojo rigged Folkstad Special Robo worm, Green Weenie, Bold Bluegill, and Oxblood. All Robos were 6". I also used a Berkley 7" pumpkinseed worm whacky style for two fish. The fish were holding pretty tight to the rocks, cast up close, and slowly work the bait to deeper water.

Once the bass bite slowed down on Sunday morning I statred to target the crappie. They were more than willing to co-operate. In 1.5 hrs I caught 40 plus fish, keeping 13 for the in-laws who love fish.

Well, until next time, good luck to you all.

Bill

Matthew 4:19

etaggart
09-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Hey Bill - Great to see you on the water!!!

Those jets on my feet were Hotspot Fins - best damn fins for float tubing:

https://www.google.com/search?q=hotspot+float+tube+fins&hl=en&safe=active&client=firefox-a&hs=bAb&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&prmd=imvnsfd&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=VU1HUPnXBZKPyAGaiYHABA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1143&bih=568

I won't be able to fish BBL for a few weekends, so catch all the bass you can and let the water cool down for me so those trout get more active!!!

Maybe I'll go big in Perris during the Winter and see what those bass are like when BBL is too cold,

Cheers,

Eric