PDA

View Full Version : Lunker Kitty at SFD 9/4/12

Carptain_Bao
09-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Well, I decided to hit up SFD after a nap. Woke up late at 4:30 and got to the lake at 5:15. Set up my usual floater pole with a 9ft 5wt fy rod with a spinning reel lol
Then I tested out my newly bought FOX feeder rig with a size 10 baitholder hair rig with boilie and corn. It's my first time using my cheap ***** rod pod and bite alarm. But It works just fine for me. Met up with another regular then Justme and wife showed up. Right after they set up their pole they hooked up a nice sized cat. Not so long after that my bite alarm went on I caught a 1.5 lber kitty as well. Gave the fish away to the gentleman who helped me net the fish. Then the bite was pretty steady. I got another bite on my feeder rig, the fish ws taking off jumping out of the water like a carp but when I brought the fish close I found it was a kitty weighted 3.6 pounds. Released it after a photo. Then next one I didn't even put the sardine boilie on the hair rig, just 3 whole kernel corn because I was thinking about eliminating the possibilities of catching the cats. Then the alarm was on again! Pulled my rod up it feels kinda like a carp but it didnt actually take off, instead it was swimming towards the shore. But when it got close to the bank it went insane, took me a while to tired him out. Justme helped me landed the cat. When it was in the net I was like "damn that was a huge one! Bigger than the one I've caught at the vine!" Weighted this one it was 3.2 kg, which is 7lb even! That was definitely my personal best cat or the personal best of all times. Justme and wife caught a few kitties as well. It was good to see so much action today. Thanks again for netting me the fish Justme and your wife's awesome photoshooting lol
While I was packing up I ran into another FNNer which I believe the name is CorbinaFisher or something like that. Hopefully you beat the skunk!
Here's a pic of the big boy sorry I blurred the pic because I hope i can fight it another day. I hope people practice catch and release on big ones and the small ones to leave them for another fight!
http://i49.tinypic.com/jja0zr.jpg
Doughtbait with boilie was a killa!

bassfishing24/7
09-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Nice job on ur PB kitty Bao,I caught my PB kitty a couple months ago.it gave me a nice 5+ min fight.i didn't have a scale but im pretty sure it was at least 8+ lbs...it was 26 inches long & to my surprise I caught it on a senko!!

fishfnatic
09-05-2012, 07:46 AM
That's a nice cat. Grats on the PB ZeeBao.

TaperSteve
09-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Way to Gao on the new PB Bao!

TS

5150fishn
09-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Nice big kittie Bao. Congrats on the new PB!

Poxy Boggards
09-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Nice cat, funny that you think you need to blur the background at a city park lake...LOL, someone might poach your secret spot...

Carptain_Bao
09-05-2012, 01:18 PM
Nice job on ur PB kitty Bao,I caught my PB kitty a couple months ago.it gave me a nice 5+ min fight.i didn't have a scale but im pretty sure it was at least 8+ lbs...it was 26 inches long & to my surprise I caught it on a senko!!

that sure was a beast, I guess the larger cats are more aggressive so they hit the plastics lol.

Carptain_Bao
09-05-2012, 01:19 PM
That's a nice cat. Grats on the PB ZeeBao.

Thanks a lot Kevin I'll see you at the KOC! Or even earlier.

Carptain_Bao
09-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Way to Gao on the new PB Bao!

TS

Thank you TaperSteve, I'm planning on catching a larger one at the KOC lol

Carptain_Bao
09-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Nice big kittie Bao. Congrats on the new PB!

Thanks a lot Dan!

Carptain_Bao
09-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Nice cat, funny that you think you need to blur the background at a city park lake...LOL, someone might poach your secret spot...

lol thank you it's ok people fish at my spot, but I couldn't stand people take those large fish from the city park lakes. I believe it would be better to release to those big ones.

Poxy Boggards
09-05-2012, 01:30 PM
There are much larger catfish at SFD. I've seen catfish 15-20 pounds pulled out of there, and have seen dead ones on the shore that were 12 pounds or better. Congrats again on the nice Kitty!

Carptain_Bao
09-05-2012, 02:00 PM
There are much larger catfish at SFD. I've seen catfish 15-20 pounds pulled out of there, and have seen dead ones on the shore that were 12 pounds or better. Congrats again on the nice Kitty!

Yep ive seen a 10 lber got pulled out one year ago. I do believe there are some monster in there. Thank you, you fish there regularly?

Poxy Boggards
09-05-2012, 02:08 PM
I do during the spring months, but have not been there since the end of May.

allIdoIsfish
09-05-2012, 03:16 PM
nice job on the cat! theres alot of nice fish in there believe it or not, I got a nice 7lb lmb out of there last summer

Justme
09-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Once again, congrats on your pb bao, especially at a city park! Anything over 5lbs at a local city lake is a milestone for any fisherman/fisherwoman, imo. I also wanted to commend you on catching and releasing that beast for another day:Applause::Applause:

Carptain_Bao
09-05-2012, 08:44 PM
nice job on the cat! theres alot of nice fish in there believe it or not, I got a nice 7lb lmb out of there last summer
Thank you, yeah there are some large ones at SFD and I really enjoy fishing there. 7lb LMB that's definitely a good one!

Carptain_Bao
09-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Once again, congrats on your pb bao, especially at a city park! Anything over 5lbs at a local city lake is a milestone for any fisherman/fisherwoman, imo. I also wanted to commend you on catching and releasing that beast for another day:Applause::Applause:

thanks justme! I hope i can see you there soon again!=]

Thisfool
09-05-2012, 09:12 PM
congrats on the big fish.

and don't worry bout bluing the spot that's a good idea. It might be a city park lake that every knows the good spots but i guaranty you if you post the pic of the spot instead of having maybe one person fishing it next time there will be 30 and not one of them will CPR.

The Fishing Queen
09-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Nice catfish, you've been doing really well at SFD lately. WTG!

Lakerfan160
09-06-2012, 03:57 PM
nice fish!!!