PDA

View Full Version : Blue moon produces bluefins on the pac dawn

olfishergal
09-02-2012, 11:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7giOrKYIwpQ

Just a little music while reading.........:Envious:

Been looking forward for months for my 2 dayer on the Pac Dawn. Limited load of 18, 6 of us were girls Boat arrived back in San Diego late and we were chomping at the bit to get going. The PD has a fantastic crew and they were in top form unloading previous crew and cleaning, prepping for us to get going. Reports coming in were not as good as previous week, but what the heck I would be happy with most anything I could catch and bring home. Hit the bait receiver and loaded up on quality dines and we were off heading 150 miles down the coast.......I hit the bunk to be fresh as a daisy in the am (LMAO ) :ROFL:Slept like a baby but soon heard get up and drop um coming up on a paddy!!!! Hummm, ok, but ggp 1st. Managed one YT on the paddy, nothing big.......headed in for breakfast.......coffee that is then a little bacon. Hit another paddy that was a slow producer, got one more YT on that one when CPT hollered, wind um up we still have 36 miles to go...... Went into the galley to shoot the breeze etc when I hear an Oh S*hit engine suddenly cuts and Cpt hollers get um in massive fish under us.......and boy he wasn't kidding...........Holy cow, we got nailed........we totally limited out the bluefins for the whole boat in 5 1/2 hours. Deckhands and Cpt Pat were kept very very busy keeping all the tangles out and gafting fish after fish, mainly blues, but a few yellow fins, DoDo's and YT's came flying over the rails. We finally got a break and had some great grub for lunch. I managed a bit of a nap in between bites, cuz my butt was kicked......and why u say........I worked a mother of a BFT for a good 40 mionutes before landing a solid 50lber.........End of the day we were all exhuasted and never made it to the spot the Cpt wanted to get to.......Cpt said, get some rest we are heading back to paddy hop cuz we maxed out the limits on the BFT'sForgot to add that while we were trolling a MARLIN hooked up but shook the hook while flying through the air.....It was amazing to see this wonerful wish in action.....glad he got free lol

I skipped dinner, too tired to eat but did wak up to some snoring in the bunkroom and took a nice shower while everyone was asleep so i could take m time lol :Secret:. For some reason weather picked up real heavy during the night to produce almost impossible conditions to fish. CPT Pat said we were going to head in since with the wind and waves it was going to be a rough ride back in......It was.....He did stop at a couple of paddies that were slow producers then called it and headed home......all that was left was the cleaning and JP's We had 1st 2nd, ans 3rd......The BFT were cleaned 20 at a time and top three held in each group. As a bigger once came up smaller ones dropped.....End of the story, my big one was the top dog!!!!!!!!!!!! Yehawww JP 1st, my friend Sandy 2nd and one of the guys got 3rd....We din't take his pic......lmao.......Rough ride back home got in a little early, thank God all safe and sound....I brought home the JP, 10 BFT's 5 YT. 1 DODO and a whople lot of bruises and sore muscles......WOW what a great time. We were much too busy catching to take many pics, but please enjoy the ones I have
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/crnberygrl/BLUEMOON7.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/crnberygrl/bluemoontuna-3.jpg FRIENDS
LORI
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/crnberygrl/bluemoontuna4.jpg
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/crnberygrl/bluemoontuna5.jpg
MY JP BLUEFIN........SOLID 50LBER
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/crnberygrl/bluemoontuna6.jpg

Big Daddy
09-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Very impressisive Chris you gals cleaned house, Great report, love the pictures and Congrats on the JP.

BD

DockRat
09-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Major props on the JP :UDaMan:
Great trip and catch !
DR

TroutOnly
09-03-2012, 08:21 AM
WAY TO SLAY AND THE J/P TOO YEE HA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,THATS COOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

CAPT'N
09-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Great trip ! congrats on the JP!

Capt'n

PONTOON
09-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Awesome report Chris and congratulations on the jackpot!:Cool:

I was in San diego with my girls doing a little getaway R&R early last week and we walked over to the Point Loma sportfishing docks and I was amazed at the numbers of fish that were coming back in.:Shocked:
For a short while I was thinking damn, I'd like to get on one of those boats! But, reality set in and I had to settle for a couple of t-shirts.:Envious:

Anyway, you ladies cleaned up out there and I'm envious of all of you!:Cool:

Which Way Out
09-03-2012, 03:32 PM
WOW, that is some good fishing right there. Jackpot to boot. :Thumbs Up:

WWO

JapanRon
09-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi olfishergal,

Awesome sixsome !!

Most excellent job ...... there anglers !

JapanRon

bruce watson
09-03-2012, 07:56 PM
You never take me anywhere anymore. Oh wait, that's right, we're not married, are we.

troutdog
09-04-2012, 12:34 AM
What a slug of a tuna OFG, congrats on the jackpot BFT!

TD

exfactor
09-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Bluefin are one of the best fighters, and, also one of the most fun fish to catch IMO. The death circles are always a dead giveaway to it being a BF. Your an old salt handling those seas also. Bet you slept real good in your own bed afterwards. Bring some of that down to HG4, and I'll put another smile on your face. Mikey

Wingnut
09-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Whoohoo, awesome trip Chris! :Big Grin:
Yeah, bring some of that to HG4 and share. :Envious:

bachiboy
09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Way to go OFG!!! Great lookin BFT! I leave on an 8 day this Saturday...hope you left me some fish to catch. :Wink:

Don

Tunaslam
09-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Finding that magic school, too cool, fine job gals!

murrieta angler
09-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Great job Chris!
I had heard that you did very well on your trip and the pictures didn't disappoint.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><