PDA

View Full Version : Over Night Trip.

JoshR88
09-01-2012, 01:05 PM
I went on the sea adventure II out of H&M landing Thursday night. I had fun on the trip but kind of have mixed feelings about the boat. I thought it was a bunch of BS that they wait tell you get on the boat, then they charge you an extra 20 for gas. That's some shady business to me! The money's not really an issue, I just think they should tell you the full amount of your trip before you come up. Its not a credit card company, I don't need extra chargers popping up when you think you got it paid off.
Now to the fishing part. Our game plan was to look for kelp party's, the only problem was we couldn't find them. We found our first kelp patty around 7am and that was the only spot that produced fish. Out of 39 anglers, 14 fish were caught. 6 Blue Fin Tuna, 6 Dorado and 2 Yellotail. My dad landed one Dorado around 15 pounds. I landed 2 Blue Fin Tuna in the 20 to 25 pound class. My biggest one was maybe a pound off from jack pot. The captin seemed like he was working hard to put us on fish, he told us the night before we were going to be fishing from 6 to 2 out of that whole time we fished maybe 2 hours. We just couldnt find the pattys they were getting on the days before. I talked to a couple other boats, it didn't seem like they did to hot either. Probably just an off day. I'd post pics but I can't figure out how to do it from an iPhone. That's my report, thanks for reading.

DockRat
09-01-2012, 05:20 PM
That $20 extra is BS. At least you hooked up, good job.
DR

JapanRon
09-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Hi JoshR88,

I'd stick their tanks and ask for what's left !! ha ha ha ha

Go goin' on the sashimi !!

JapanRon

JoshR88
09-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks guys! Yea I'm sure all the people that got skunked were Lookin hard at the bait tanks haha. I had fun though, can't slay them every time. Thats why they call it fishing and not catching. I think it's time for me to take a trip to the vine in the next few weeks. That's one of my favorite types of fishing. I love casting out and sitting down with my party supply's and just enjoy the lake haha.

flyhigh123
09-04-2012, 02:54 PM
$20 is alot for fuel. I normally pay either $10 or $15.

For you to catch 2 blue fin, is already awesome and a hard feat. The fishing this last weekend was terrible for me and from the reports most boats. It was like a washing machine. My exp with SD patty fishing is hit or miss. Troll all day and look for pattys