PDA

View Full Version : P-MID!..hook in the thumb!! ouch!! (VIDEO)

socalbassboy
08-31-2012, 08:27 PM
well started the day fishing the shore with little action...a couple small hits on the jerkbait...a small pop on topwater..when i see a gentleman in a bass boat call out "OVER THERE!" i look and see a huge boil ran as fast as i could to get towards them and by the time i did most already stopped boiling...threw the topwater, had a few fish swirl on it...threw the jerkbait and 1st cast,got hammered,missed em, 2nd hit miss, 3rd stuck em! got em to shore and went to reach down to get the bait out of its mouth when in a split second it lodges a treble as far as it would go in my thumb! hurt real bad...these 2 guys which went on the dock to try and pop the hook out of my finger which was very nice of them considering that stripers were feeding heavily! i got it all on video! its pretty tough to watch tho! went to the doctor and after 4 really bad shots he numbed my thumb down and barely pushed the hook threw and cut the barb!

36993 nice striper...but he got me good 36994 got a smallie right before going to the doctor lol 3699536996 36997 no way he was getting away with messin my day of fishing up!!! :Evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhq0SwTML30&feature=player_detailpage

well played mr. stripey....well played..

cutbait
08-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Dude, epic post... you shoud receive an emmy for most entertaining FNN post o the year

socalbassboy
08-31-2012, 08:49 PM
hahaha! thanks!

CL SmooV
08-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Yeahhhhh that happens. Happens to all of us. More than once in cases. Happened to me 3 years back fishing the goon at night. After catching a nice bass, these noobs made there way over to me. While holding the fish in my left and using the needle nose in my right to unhook my jerk bait, the noobs flashed the bass with there night lights on my fish like thy never seen a bass before--spooking' the fish into kicks. Yes, that treble landed deep into my left hand, in between my thumb and index.

So, I tossed the bass back, drove to Henry Mayo, doc got the hook out, went back and caught a few more bass on that same jerk bait---- minus one barb on the rear treble. Still have that lure today.

socalbassboy
08-31-2012, 08:55 PM
haha thats crazy!

mamachipy
09-01-2012, 07:29 AM
What a great and entertainer post. I had tears rolling down my face for you brother!

whopperstopper
09-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Dude that was gnarly I was feeling for you when mr stripey was still shaking attached to you thats a total nightmare only thing that coulda been worse if he was bigger and at night... could you imagine...keep a pair of dykes on you next time so can cut those eyes off the hook and not those toys"r"us needle nose pliers lol... way to chief it out... I bet thats the best video you ever filmed on you go pro..

socalbassboy
09-01-2012, 11:12 AM
What a great and entertainer post. I had tears rolling down my face for you brother!

haha thanks! yea it was pretty bad...

socalbassboy
09-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Dude that was gnarly I was feeling for you when mr stripey was still shaking attached to you thats a total nightmare only thing that coulda been worse if he was bigger and at night... could you imagine...keep a pair of dykes on you next time so can cut those eyes off the hook and not those toys"r"us needle nose pliers lol... way to chief it out... I bet thats the best video you ever filmed on you go pro..

yea your right...dykes would have been better...and actually this isnt a go pro...its a regular camera i mounted on my hat

OC ANGLER
09-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Ouch that's gnarly

socalbassboy
09-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Ouch that's gnarly

tell me about it! ha

trail blazer
09-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Thats it S,C ,B,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Your in!!!

The best of the best club!

WOW!!!!,,,,,,,,,,

By the way,,,,,,,,,,NEVER let someone use that hook removal trick on a finger,,,,,,,,,,out of the 4 times in my life ive seen that trick used,,,,,3 times it work,d flawlessly,,2 times on the hand,,once on the arm,,,but ive never seen it work on a finger,,,,now ive seen it fail TWICE on a finger.

T/B

Armofisher818
09-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Thats bad bro im happy ur ok now though. I had a sabiki stuck in my head once, pulling it didnt work so the i went to the doc. Foo gave me a staple. Stay cool dog get well soon.

socalbassboy
09-01-2012, 09:25 PM
Thats it S,C ,B,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Your in!!!

The best of the best club!

WOW!!!!,,,,,,,,,,

By the way,,,,,,,,,,NEVER let someone use that hook removal trick on a finger,,,,,,,,,,out of the 4 times in my life ive seen that trick used,,,,,3 times it work,d flawlessly,,2 times on the hand,,once on the arm,,,but ive never seen it work on a finger,,,,now ive seen it fail TWICE on a finger.

T/B
sweet! im in the club hahaha
any idea why it doesnt work good in the finger?

socalbassboy
09-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Thats bad bro im happy ur ok now though. I had a sabiki stuck in my head once, pulling it didnt work so the i went to the doc. Foo gave me a staple. Stay cool dog get well soon.
thanks bro!..im good...thumbs just a little sore haha

trail blazer
09-01-2012, 09:42 PM
sweet! im in the club hahaha
any idea why it doesnt work good in the finger?

Don,t know,,,,im sure that someone will say otherwise but iv never seen it work on a finger ,,,,,,,1 to 5lb stripers are SPRING LOADED bigtime,,,,,Myself and cutbait watched exactly the same thing happen a cpl yrs ago to a friend of ours,,lol,,,,,,,,,same result,lol

TRAIL BLAZER

TUNAVIC
09-01-2012, 09:44 PM
GEEEZ LLOUEZZZE! I've popped three of those out on different anglers,and have never had that kinda of difficulty,they've always come out on the first pop,sorry you had to go threw that.Nice going by the way on the stripe and the smallie.

Cya Tuna Vic

socalbassboy
09-02-2012, 12:45 AM
GEEEZ LLOUEZZZE! I've popped three of those out on different anglers,and have never had that kinda of difficulty,they've always come out on the first pop,sorry you had to go threw that.Nice going by the way on the stripe and the smallie.

Cya Tuna Vic
wow...sucks mine wouldnt budge!

bassfishing24/7
09-02-2012, 02:26 AM
I've seen and heard plenty of hooking in the hand stories but i got one for u...try hook in the foot!! I stepped On a crank one nite by accident....ohhh man!! I went and cut the barb off and left it lodged in my foot for a whole 24 hrs til i decided to do my own ghetto surgery!! Lol. I tried to cut open the area to make it easier to take out but no go,so i went with plan B...pliers and a sock to bite on....one quick hard pull and it was out!! What an experience i will never forget!!

HawgStalker
09-02-2012, 07:48 AM
Man, you're a trooper bro! Way to stick it out and hang another fish!!!!! If it makes you feel any better I sliced my thumb open at work friday and had to go get stitches myself.... Lol! I think you had it worse though my friend!

I agree cutbait... Post and vid of the year!

trail blazer
09-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Just watch,d it again,,,,,,,,,YEP,,,,,,,Best report and vid of the year,,,,,,,HANDS DOWN!,,

YELLOW EYED DEVIL FISH!.

socalbassboy
09-02-2012, 09:27 AM
I've seen and heard plenty of hooking in the hand stories but i got one for u...try hook in the foot!! I stepped On a crank one nite by accident....ohhh man!! I went and cut the barb off and left it lodged in my foot for a whole 24 hrs til i decided to do my own ghetto surgery!! Lol. I tried to cut open the area to make it easier to take out but no go,so i went with plan B...pliers and a sock to bite on....one quick hard pull and it was out!! What an experience i will never forget!!

wow! thats terrible! haha

socalbassboy
09-02-2012, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=HawgStalker;626537]Man, you're a trooper bro! Way to stick it out and hang another fish!!!!! If it makes you feel any better I sliced my thumb open at work friday and had to go get stitches myself.... Lol! I think you had it worse though my friend!

I agree cutbait... Post and vid of the year![/QUOTE
thanks! and oh man that sucks!

Newfishsmell
09-02-2012, 03:00 PM
OUCH ... Dude, that video had me cringing !!

By the way, are those stock hooks, or did you up grade ? they seem to hold pretty good ... Lol

socalbassboy
09-02-2012, 03:08 PM
OUCH ... Dude, that video had me cringing !!

By the way, are those stock hooks, or did you up grade ? they seem to hold pretty good ... Lol
lol i just changed them the day before...now i know there good hook haha!

TroutOnly
09-03-2012, 08:53 AM
D-u-m-b-a-s-s,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hopefully you learned something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,youre lucky i wasnt there i would have pulled it out,,,,,,,,,wheres the dikes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The Fishing Queen
09-03-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm glad that you're ok now! Ouch!!!!

fish4anything
09-03-2012, 04:43 PM
I see this video going viral!! Thanks for the report!

socalbassboy
09-03-2012, 06:54 PM
I see this video going viral!! Thanks for the report!

that would be cool!

carpanglerdude
09-06-2012, 10:07 PM
I hate treble hooks. I hope your video is successful, I'm sorry you had to get hurt to get it popular! OUCH!!!!

Pete Marino
09-06-2012, 11:49 PM
oh my freaking God that thing was DEEEEP!!!!

I cant imagine...

gletemfeelsteelgary
09-07-2012, 10:01 AM
welcome to da' "feel tha steel club" heh heh heh (wrong person feelin it-shud b da feesh)

I've hooked myself a few times....one time severely attached to a 6 lb striper at the duct and couldn't find my cutters (whew...that was ruff) glad your alright...fortunately for me even though being hooked pretty deep about 5-6 times in my life, I've always ben able to push the barb through after some painfull skin stretching....and cut the barb off and pull back through..

sorry about the mishap but glad ur alright and got some feesh ta boot..

Ouch : )

Gary

socalbassboy
09-07-2012, 06:17 PM
I hate treble hooks. I hope your video is successful, I'm sorry you had to get hurt to get it popular! OUCH!!!!

haha thanks! yea i just wish i couldve got it out and kept fishing...would have been a nice day..

socalbassboy
09-07-2012, 06:18 PM
oh my freaking God that thing was DEEEEP!!!!

I cant imagine...

yup...as deep as it COULD go..

socalbassboy
09-07-2012, 06:19 PM
hahaha...we both felt the steel! goin out for that stripers family tomorrow

welcome to da' "feel tha steel club" heh heh heh (wrong person feelin it-shud b da feesh)

I've hooked myself a few times....one time severely attached to a 6 lb striper at the duct and couldn't find my cutters (whew...that was ruff) glad your alright...fortunately for me even though being hooked pretty deep about 5-6 times in my life, I've always ben able to push the barb through after some painfull skin stretching....and cut the barb off and pull back through..

sorry about the mishap but glad ur alright and got some feesh ta boot..

Ouch : )

Gary

stocker
09-08-2012, 02:41 PM
gnarly--at least you were bit when it happened. nothing like a pierced nose due to an errant back cast.

socalbassboy
09-08-2012, 08:22 PM
gnarly--at least you were bit when it happened. nothing like a pierced nose due to an errant back cast.

ahh that sucks!

socalbassboy
09-11-2012, 05:49 PM
haha thanks!

I'm glad that you're ok now! Ouch!!!!