PDA

View Full Version : SFD Lost ROD, $50 reward if anyone FINDS IT!!!

Carptain_Bao
08-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Well i was fishing at santa fe dam around 5 at the buoy line near the #5 lifeguard house, my 9'6'' Bass Pro Shop Microlite got pulled in the water. I was walking towards the swimming beach to meet someone and my rod went straight down to the water. The gentleman fishing next to me was trying to grab it but failed.

I just hope if anyone fishes around that area who retrieves a pole like that please contact me, I'm offering $50 for that rod. I was using a little long striped float so if anyone see it floating on the water the line might be down there, please try to get it!

The rod was a gift from my father so it means a lot to me. I know it's probably gone but I do hope someone might get it while fishing. Thanks for reading and please spread the words!!!

TonyLisa
08-31-2012, 09:46 PM
With night fishing today someone will get it, that whole side gets packed

Carptain_Bao
08-31-2012, 09:55 PM
With night fishing today someone will get it, that whole side gets packed

by the time i left nobod was fishing at the spot i was fishing at, i hope nobody gets it lol
I believe the rod wasnt too far away from shorelne

fishfnatic
08-31-2012, 10:12 PM
That sucks. Good luck man :(

TonyLisa
08-31-2012, 10:52 PM
I got a couple deep divers that have picked up rods I'll cast some on my next trip

Carptain_Bao
08-31-2012, 10:55 PM
I got a couple deep divers that have picked up rods I'll cast some on my next trip

I really appreciate that Tony!

Carptain_Bao
08-31-2012, 10:57 PM
That sucks. Good luck man :(

Thanks Kevin! Good luck if you go to the tourney tmr!

The Fishing Queen
09-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Sorry about your fishing rod, boa! I hope you find it. Good luck!

Cartman
09-01-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm so sorry to hear the rod your dad gave you got eaten by the lake. If was pulled in slowly it might have been one of those red-ear sliders, ugh. Sounds like a great rod, though. No reel? I bet it shows up eventually, somewhere near where you were fishing. It has a foam handle, so it will tend to float, at least that part.

smokinflies
09-01-2012, 03:08 PM
bummer.

must have been a nice size catch.

Carptain_Bao
09-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Sorry about your fishing rod, boa! I hope you find it. Good luck!

Thank you FishingQueen, hopefully I do get it back, at least now I know my bait is working lol

Carptain_Bao
09-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear the rod your dad gave you got eaten by the lake. If was pulled in slowly it might have been one of those red-ear sliders, ugh. Sounds like a great rod, though. No reel? I bet it shows up eventually, somewhere near where you were fishing. It has a foam handle, so it will tend to float, at least that part.

Jon I wasnt there when my rod took off but from what I've heard the rod was going down fast and furious, im guessing when the carp swallowed the hook it got spooked and decided to run away. Wel there is a large reel on it so I doubt it will ever float up, but the long striped floater might be able to float.

Carptain_Bao
09-01-2012, 09:58 PM
bummer.

must have been a nice size catch.

Must have been a good one, not expecting a monster, but prolly another 5 lber.

bassfishing24/7
09-01-2012, 10:03 PM
I went to sfd earlier but i didnt go to ur spot cuz there was somebody Fishing there...
Idk if they might have got it or not....i say u buy some clip On bells or invest in the line sensor Rod holders if ur gonna be carp Fishing.

Carptain_Bao
09-01-2012, 10:25 PM
I went to sfd earlier but i didnt go to ur spot cuz there was somebody Fishing there...
Idk if they might have got it or not....i say u buy some clip On bells or invest in the line sensor Rod holders if ur gonna be carp Fishing.

Well I did get myself a bite alarm and a tripod rod holder but the other rod I hold it all the time except this time I left it there and it's gone two mins after I stood up.

Justme
09-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Damn, sucks to hear bao, hope someone will catch it up soon. I'll keep an eye out for ya when I'm around that area of the lake.

Carptain_Bao
09-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Damn, sucks to hear bao, hope someone will catch it up soon. I'll keep an eye out for ya when I'm around that area of the lake.

I appreciate that buddy!