PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant hag @ Long Beach Jetty

Jeremy Wade Jr
08-30-2012, 07:49 PM
This is more of a vent than a report, today being my birthday and all, I decided to take a stab at the Long Beach Jetty.. I was already in the area after eating some fine birthday cuisine at Joe's Crab Shack around the corner, I figured I'd hit up the jetty and knock off a couple of hours since I carry my poles with me at all times.

So I proceed to the beginning part of the jetty as I just wanted to test the waters with a drop shot rig and notice a group of people end up with something, so I think cool.. they must be biting. There was a lady there who managed to catch an undersized halibut so I figure they'd throw it back, instead the lady runs back to her car to get a bucket and I didn't see the fish get thrown back in the water so I asked her if she planned on keeping the fish and told her it was illegal to keep any halibut under 22 inches.

She proceeds to tell me how she knows the rules and runs back to her posse to throw a couple of f-bombs in my direction, I just smiled as it gave me a giggle but it seemed very inappropriate as I had my family with me and I wasn't trying to be rude, just inform her of the rules and regs.

A minute after her and her group are jiving me from afar about how jealous I must be that I didn't catch a (undersized) halibut (and I've caught many, all thrown back of course) I manage to catch a small lizard fish.. it wasn't the huge fish I was aiming for, just glad I didn't get skunked even though I was just hoping to showboat and throw it back in their faces.. fortunately I didn't let them run me out as I was there to fish.. unfortunately the rain did it for me.. there was a light drizzle but I did manage to see a large school of corbina or some kind of fish on the left side of the jetty, fairly close to the rocks.. oh well.. next time I hope DFG gets the best of them.. i'd love to see them throw a couple of f-bombs in their direction when they caught breaking the rules and disrespecting nature. /end rant :Smile:

DockRat
08-31-2012, 05:35 AM
Lol, clowns.

HawgStalker
08-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Idiots! I'm willing to bet she(they) have no idea what the size limits are..... or they're just scumbag poachers!

Happy B-Day man!

frankjz
08-31-2012, 08:19 PM
Good for you for telling them the rules...and staying there to defend the turf of legal fishing.

GETBIT!
08-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Unfortunately that is par for the course over there.
All we can do is inform them, And Good on ya for doing so.
The Department Of Fish and Game is aware of this problem.

USCisbeast22
08-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Idiots! I'm willing to bet she(they) have no idea what the size limits are..... or they're just scumbag poachers!

Happy B-Day man!

one time i went there and some people had giant treble hooks and they were runnning up an down the jetty snagging mullet (probably the huge school you saw)

Tubbytuba
08-31-2012, 08:33 PM
cal tip my friend, call that hotline.

Which Way Out
08-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Cell phone cameras take great photos.

Whenever you see a GW ask if you can send him text messages when ever you see something blatant.

I have the number for the GW I see, (which seems to be all the time by the way). LOL. I said I would ONLY send him info on the extreme cases if I ever witness something. Those guys are busy and I won't bother them on the little stuff. So far I have only seen for sure 1 short halibut taken and maybe another that was close to legal. If they had continued to go on with taking sub legals I would of sent a text. But in each case I let it go. That's gonna happen and its no reason to get deeply involved in some peoples affairs. As you could hear from the words they were saying its not worth getting into it with a group of poachers. GW ware guns for a reason. There highly trained and can get back up with just a radio call, except for maybe the guys way out in the boonies. Karma will get someday. Sounds like a great name for a police dog huh? Karma, I like that.

I hope you had some good birthday cake to go with your lizard fish, lol. Happy Birthday BTW

WWO

SP Dan
09-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Hi ya Jeremy Wade Jr,

I applaud you :Big Smile::Applause: in the cause!

I believe that all of us should be in good standing with our local DFG Warden! Get in contact with him, get his cell number!
He is protecting our oceans and waters (24-7) from lawless poachers and sea hags.......it's a full time job! Let's all pitch in!

Happy birthday! I hope that you had a good one! :Cool:
Thanx for the report and you came to the right place to vent about poachers!

SP Dan <"))><

Jeremy Wade Jr
09-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Always happy to do my bid, the disrespect part on their part just shows how some people think they're above the law and their crap don't stink. Not only were they being douchebags, they were also smoking weed, in front of my family nonetheless', I usually want to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this lady took it to a whole new level, next time i'm going to just keep my mouth shut and let Cal-Tips deal with them.

Lucky Lager
09-01-2012, 09:20 PM
.....dumb ash people:Smack:

TUNAVIC
09-01-2012, 09:58 PM
You seem like a good guy,don't let it ruin your day on the water with your family,it will never end,they will always poach and they will always challenge anyone who brings it to their attention.

Cya Tuna Vic

JL
09-02-2012, 07:11 PM
I too get upset when i see in broad daylight someone walking down the jetty with a Small halibut hanging from rope. I commend you for saying something. I realize they acted like jerks but you did the right thing. Their expression and foul mouth comments just reinforce that they chose to ignore our laws. I agree the next step is to call the tip line.