PDA

View Full Version : Lake Gregory Question?

jbuck64
08-30-2012, 03:08 PM
I was thinking of going up to Lake Gregory. Haven't been there since I was a kid in the 1960's. Can anyone tell me where the shoreline access is and parking areas. When I was a kid there was parking along the road on the north shore and there was an entrance shack that you paid a fee and then hiked down a trail to the shoreline. I'm sure that has changed. My internet searches haven't come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated.

seal
08-30-2012, 03:20 PM
There is no fee to fish the lake unless you are launching a float tube or kayak or want to rent a boat. There is access just past the dam, nice spot to fish or over by the baseball fields there is plenty of parking, there is plenty of parking along the road if you just want to pull off somewhere and fish.

Early of late are going to be your best bet from shore with the heat still on.

Good luck!

Troutin Man
08-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Seal is right. Heat is on and shore fishing will not yield much unless you throw it out deep. Fish with a 2 to 3 foot leader with a floating bait, inflated night crawler, etc. Parking is pretty much anywhere around.

Tubbytuba
08-31-2012, 12:04 AM
the catfish bite is probably your only chance. i slay the Bullheads up there, got three (10 -15 inches) in 2 hours up there 3 weeks ago, i was tired of the sculpins taking my bait but id probably have caught more. i use a Carolina rig with a 12 inch leader, one pole with an inflated crawler the other non inflated. they both seem to work fine but i still do it in the hopes of maybe finding the pattern of the day.the bullheads are everywhere find a nice spot and relax. you will have to fight through sculpins to get to them. hint on the bullies, they will reject a bait that has even the slightest hint of sunscreen, or lotion or hand sanitizer... the list goes on. keep your hands away from anything that you think might turn them away. does anyone know if the bullheads are stocked or the descendants of stockers??? they are always there and in numbers....

jbuck64
08-31-2012, 09:18 AM
Hey everybody, thanks for the info. Maybe I'll wait till it's cooler or put it on my list for next year. Or go and rent a boat.

Ultralight
09-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Gregory has been fantastic this year. Rent a boat, go near the fountain. Just stocked. With 2000 lbs the past two days.

Best stocked this year of the past 8 years..... At least 2 of the stockings has been 4000 lbs of browns each. Boat is best but no private....just rentals...

UL