PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Shiver in the shadow of S.W.A.T Yak Style part 3 Southern Trek.

ToadsToadsOnly
08-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Heard some intel about some exotics showing down south I had two b days and relatives coming into town and did not think I could go fishing last weekend. I tried to resist but the fever hit me hard and I could not resist I had to do a half day trip down south. I left the house at 3am picked up my buddy Danny and was at the launch site at 5am. Made some squirts and sent one down about and hour and a half later i see my rod start bending down slow I picked up my rod felt the pressure wound down and HOOKUP!!!!! I see the fish on my electronics and it kept dogging me to the bottom of 110' of water it only fought me within the bottom 30 ft, no long runs, no head shakes, just brute strength, this went on for about 15 min and I started wondering what the heck is this? Please do not be a bat ray.. I fight this slug for another 10 min then finally started gaining line, the fish finally came to color and I think HOLY S**T that thing is a beast. I pull out my gaff stuck it in the chest, pull it on board, GAME OVER....

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/20120825_083512-1.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/20120825_083512.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/20120825_143635-1.jpg

Till Next Time

Go Big Or Go Home

ToadsToadsOnly

Go Get Em Guys

Bob_B
08-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Very nice fish right there. Congrats on a great catch! Looks like everyone had the same idea out there.

JSAUCE818
08-30-2012, 05:34 AM
NICE!!! damn, saltwater lice??.lol i dont blame them after seeing something like that being pulled out.

Lucky Lager
08-30-2012, 09:30 AM
SWEET fish brotha!!
when i grow up, i gotta get me a sweet yak like that!
congrats on the fish.
LL

bachiboy
08-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Way to go Jonathan!!! You had such a long dry run that you've earned these multiple glory days! Jerry had text me that you scored again.:Wink: Damn, that's quite a collection of kayaks behind you in that shot...might need traffic control out there.

Congrats!!!
Don

bones
08-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Heard from JerryG that you were on the prowl once again Jonathan. Guess you didn't have a long paddle. Hey...... Anybody sticking them from shore there? Looks close enough even for me to at least hook a kayaker or two!
Well done my friend! VERY WELL DONE........Hey....You even brought JSAUCE out of his hole in the sand:ROFL:

ghetto fisherman
08-30-2012, 02:30 PM
nice goat man !!!

Wingnut
08-30-2012, 03:31 PM
You are a Natural Born Killer Jonathan. :Twisted:
Go BIG or go home, indeed!
Great job bro and I'll see ya at the HG4 event. :Wink:

murrieta angler
08-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Sweeeeet!
Another pig WSB on the yak, you have to be stoked.
I guess you provided the food for the 2 b-days...:Wink:
Take Care Jonathan,
Robert
<><

SP Dan
08-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Hi ya Jonathan,

WOW! Congratulations on that monstrous WSB! :Big Smile::Applause:
Looking forward to hooking it up with you at the HG4!

Thanx for the fun read with incredible pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

iLLest
08-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Once again Jonathan, you never fail to impress me.
Your mentality of 'go big or go home' has paid off over and over again.
Congrats on another beast.

iLLest
08-31-2012, 01:07 AM
Heard from JerryG that you were on the prowl once again Jonathan. Guess you didn't have a long paddle. Hey...... Anybody sticking them from shore there? Looks close enough even for me to at least hook a kayaker or two!
Well done my friend! VERY WELL DONE........Hey....You even brought JSAUCE out of his hole in the sand:ROFL:

Mike I was thinking the same thing about reaching them from shore. Those yaks are rolling pretty close...theres only one way of finding out. :Secret::Big Grin:

DockRat
08-31-2012, 05:56 AM
Great job on the WSB.
DR

ToadsToadsOnly
08-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Mike I was thinking the same thing about reaching them from shore. Those yaks are rolling pretty close...theres only one way of finding out. :Secret::Big Grin:
All the yakers behind me are recreational kayakers on la Jolla shores. The whole surf area is mpla zone, but the last time I was up in SB one of the surf fisherman caught an almost legal on maket squid. Just some food for thought.

TroutOnly
08-31-2012, 04:22 PM
VERY NICE,,,,JON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,

blackwater
08-31-2012, 05:35 PM
SWAT kicking *** and taking names. :Twisted:
Way to go Jonathan on mailing another tanker bro. :Applause:
See you at HGIV.

Which Way Out
08-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Jonathan after the text photo you sent me, I had been jones-in to see your report in living color. Fantastic job my friend.
Toads only or go home. Nothing less is what I've learned to expect from you.

You gotta fill me in on all the backstage stories at the HG-4. See ya there, now go get some more.:Thumbs Up:

WWO