PDA

View Full Version : SFD 8/28 late afternoon session

Justme
08-29-2012, 03:21 PM
so the wifey and I decided to head out to santa fe dam to get some fresh air and do a lil fishing while we're there. got to the lake a little past 6pm and got to the spot about 6:30 or so. the lake was eerily calm and quiet for some reason with the horizon clouds looking gloomy with a reddish orange glare to it, really nice view. after a few minutes of soaking in the scenery, we set up our poles and about 30 mins into it, my pole goes bendo! so i fought the thing for a few minutes and when it was close, we can see that it's a nice sized cat. right when the wifey was about to net him, he gives a hard tug and poof! sucker spat out the hook and i was left with a limp line and a bummer look...:Sad:...oh well..re-bait and casted out to the same spot and 15 mins later...tap..tap..tap..tap..fish on again! i started reeling but it didnt feel like a catfish and i thought to myself "maybe it's a bluegill or something" but low and behold...it was a TILAPIA!! I was stoked, my very first tilapia at santa fe dam. i didnt even knew they existed in there until a recent report a few days ago from strobao. the fish looked awesome, took a quick pic and back in he went to hopefully join his many other tilapia buddies in the lake.

just when it looked like the bite was starting up, mr lifeguards decided to zoom by back and forth like they normally do, all close to the shore :Evil: so basically killed any possible action that was there as there were waves and water splashing everywhere! we called it a night after that.

til then folks, tight lines!

Breaking Bass
08-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Wow! That's a chunk of a tilapia you have there.....awesome!

Carptain_Bao
08-29-2012, 04:52 PM
Glad to see you catch a tilapia at SFD as well! This one looks much bigger than the one I've got, congrats on the catch and welcome to the board partner!

bassfishing24/7
08-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Niceee!!Cool to see a new species caught at SFD not once but twice in a week!