PDA

View Full Version : Fishing tomorrow finally!

Frank77
08-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Going to Castaic tomorrow with my new boat.....just wanted to warn everyone!! Any last minute tips for a newbie on the lake?? I went to the lake yesterday & passed inspection.

Voice-of-Reason
08-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Watch out for the boiling fish. I might be going tomorrow too or Thursday? The fish have been boiling again. Take some topwater and good luck. My buddies nailed em yesterday. Hopefully the rest of the week is as good or better.

Frank77
08-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the tip VOR!

koifish
08-28-2012, 07:20 PM
fish started to boil again. I saw several boils in early this morning. good luck to you tomorrow.

Voice-of-Reason
08-30-2012, 10:02 AM
Frank77, How did the maiden voyage go? I was out there too for a few hours yesterday. Stripers were boiling and landed several but they didn't stay up long. Them coming up near you was the key or the luck or whatever you want to call it. Hopefully you took some topwater with you like I suggested. I might try after work again today?

dantwenty2
08-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Frank77, How did the maiden voyage go? I was out there too for a few hours yesterday. Stripers were boiling and landed several but they didn't stay up long. Them coming up near you was the key or the luck or whatever you want to call it. Hopefully you took some topwater with you like I suggested. I might try after work again today?

I was there yesterday too. Got there about 3 and stayed til about 7. The bite was dead! Next time I go it will definitely be in the AM.

Frank77
08-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Hey VOR......maiden voyage went great! Skunked, but great. I didn't really concentrate much on fishing as much as getting use to the boat. Of course catching fish would have been icing on the cake! Maybe next time. Saw a lot of boils on the points though but after getting there they were gone. Lotsa' shad in the water. Not use to the heat, (no Bimini), so we were out of there by 11.

Voice-of-Reason
09-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Good to hear it all went well. I was back out there one other time last week and did good again. I might try Pyramid soon?