PDA

View Full Version : Monday Striper Pick and Roll

Fishthewhaler
08-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Took my buddy Asher the Dread out monday to see if the stripers wanted to play. The Whaler was ready for blood. Got to the lake at 615 launched and put out 2 rigs in search of linesides. I told Asher to keep his eyes peeled for any surface activity, birds, etc. He had not yet seen a boil. We motored down towards liz canyon, got short bit at trout point...Oh well. Trolled through "****" and saw some signs of fish. Sure enough some scattered boils. I went to pull in troll rods and one went off...Ashers first dink striper. Got the other rod in and the fish started to bust...quick boils..only 15 secs or so..We followed the school for a bit til there were 6 other boats waiting as well. We got some info that the Stripers were going off elsewhere in 30 min boils..we motored over to the zone...a quick flurrey in the distance was soon gone. They popped up once more but not long enough for us to get to..Trolled and picked up a pair. Left the area in search of activity. Went toward Kong and picked up a few more around the island. Asher had fun cranking them in. Ended up with half dozen schoolies(small)for the day all on the troll. Boils were fun to watch. One guy said he was in 45 min boil but fish werent hitting anything! Left at about 230pm.
FTW

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-29-2012, 12:04 PM
glad U squeezed some action out...

Congrats : )

well done : )

Gary

mamachipy
08-29-2012, 05:41 PM
45 min boil and no hits????? That's a carp boil,,,LOL.
Good job on the real deal.

trail blazer
08-29-2012, 07:20 PM
45 min boil and no hits????? That's a carp boil,,,lol.
Good job on the real deal.

priceless!