PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Shore Pier 8/26

reelgurlzfish
08-26-2012, 08:40 PM
headed out on my own today to the pier in LB. Pretty slow, but a few good catches. Started off in the deep end and all I got was a small 'midshipman' ... first i have ever heard of this fish (photo is mislabeled as bass), prett cool looking. Then went shallow in the afternoon. Ended up with a Leopard, Shovelnose, Ray, and YF Croaker. Weather was beautiful !!

dkinla
08-26-2012, 08:53 PM
wow what an awesome variety! nice catchin from the pier... thanks for the report!

reelgurlzfish
08-26-2012, 09:09 PM
thats a plus with saltwater, never know whats gonna surface :)

Ifishtoolittle
08-26-2012, 09:52 PM
That's a nice little haul you got there. Was the whole pier this slow? Did you see anyone else catch anything?

reelgurlzfish
08-26-2012, 09:54 PM
That's a nice little haul you got there. Was the whole pier this slow? Did you see anyone else catch anything? others were pullin in more than me. alot of bait sized fish, but there was a few people bringing in short hali's too (and keeping them..grrrrrr) ... its always my luck that way .. lol

bassfishing24/7
08-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Wtg! Very nice variety of fish! Thnx for the pix! Those midshipman r ugly lil muggers! Lol.

Which Way Out
08-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Mixed bag of fish that's for sure. Shame about those that keep sub legal size fish, it's frustrating it watch.

Thanks again for sharing it all here on FNN.

WWO

TUNAVIC
08-27-2012, 09:20 AM
That was a cool variety,nice to see that on our local piers,that leopard was a nice bonus,as far as people keeping short fish,it's kinda like graffiti,it will never stop,don't let it ruin your day.

Cya Tuna Vic

WILSSPORT&TACKLE
08-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Great job!!-so you know for the future,your midshipman is really a staghorn sculpin,the midshipman makes the sculpin look like a beauty queen!!-I know it's no big deal--just for your own knowledge.

wil

aramirez1988
08-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Cool! What were u chucking out there as bait??

lazyfisherman
08-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Midshipmen have gnarly teeth. You wouldn't want to lip one. Caught a huge one once at Seal Beach pier.

murrieta angler
08-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Nice assortment of fish.
I always enjoy an occasional day on the pier, catching or not.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

SP Dan
08-30-2012, 10:49 PM
A very impressive assortment of fish that you landed for your self...during these tough times! :Thumbs Up:
The most important thing is that you are enjoying the outdoors......and you are having fun....ta-boot!

Don't let the poachers ruin your day....ever! :Wink:

Thanx for the fun read with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

I*B*CATCHIN
09-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Nice catching ....mix bag

bones
09-08-2012, 11:10 PM
I think pier fishing always brings back fond memories for me. Just hangin with the pops on Redondo Pier or out on the barge..... Always caught all kinds of stuff back then. Good times for sure!

Great job out there !

Oh ....I also agree.....Don't put your finger in any midshipman's mouth:ROFL:

----<><

fishshep
09-10-2012, 05:15 AM
:LOL: Funny thing is, I fish on the shore for Halibut around there ,and the Pier guys are all staring at me, wonderin what I would

catch, and I am loolin at them thinking looks boring up there !!! :LOL::LOL: BUT you sure got into a decent bite though !!!

MANY more good days to ya I say, on that pier :Smile: