PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake swarm in desert

DEVOREFLYER
08-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Large swarm of earthquakes in the desert near Brawley. Seems like one a minute many from 3.0 to 5+. Anyone in the area able to give a report?

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqscanv/Quakes/quakes_all.html

seal
08-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Yikes! That is a heck of a swarm. There has been lot's of activity as of late even in the San Bernardino mountains there was a swarm but not like this one.

Think it's time to stock up on some supplies, have been thinking about it but have been putting it off.

bowler
08-26-2012, 03:31 PM
IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD.:LOL:

That is going to make next week Dove opener down there interesting.

Marley
08-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Scary danged things. You KNOW you're not going to die but all those news reports of "The Big One" flood back into your memory as the floor starts to wiggle under your feet. The walls of my office have metal studs and you can hear them rattling when the building starts to shake. Sounds like a skeleton, very eerie.

Marley
08-26-2012, 03:38 PM
IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD.:LOL:

That is going to make next week Dove opener down there interesting.

Earthquakes are not an excuse for missing birds. Just kidding of course, wish I had a place to go dove hunting. Good luck, I hope there's a lot of birds this year. Looks like good weather with few if any thunderstorms leading up to the opener.

HawgZWylde
08-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Wow, that's a good swarm. Hmm, I wonder if your neighbor has heard about it and is re-thinking the conversation you had with him the other day...:Shocked:

bowler
08-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Earthquakes are not an excuse for missing birds. Just kidding of course, wish I had a place to go dove hunting. Good luck, I hope there's a lot of birds this year. Looks like good weather with few if any thunderstorms leading up to the opener.

I'm not going hunting for dove on the opener. To many ppl out there in Niland. The last time i went for the Dove opener i got shot at twice so i do not go down to Niland area. Instead i'm going on overnight trip Sunday night so i don't have time to go.

DockRat
08-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Just saw the news clips on it. That place looks the same as 1990's when I lived there. Lol
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f276/jewishslacker86/Brawley%20Theatre/brawley1.jpg