PDA

View Full Version : Question -- Any Private Boaters find Dorado off Oceanside about 10 miles????

JL
08-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Spent time visiting Oceanside harbor yesterday to find out if the rumors about Dorado 10 miles west out of Oceanside harbor. Found out that one party boat did hit Dorado and boated 7. Anyone have additional info on Dorado locally? My wife and I will be fishing out of Oceanside for 3 days the end of this week. We have caught Legal Halibut in the harbor and Bass near the Pipe just south of the harbor. We will go out and see if we can find some kelp patties looking for Dorado. Information we gained this weekend also suggested Sardines as bait. If any of you have a suggestion on rigging the sardines and/or any other methods (steel/ plastics) for hooking Dorado, Please share.

Thanks and as always we wish for you all Tight lines and God Bless.

Re8elmonk0341
08-26-2012, 07:45 PM
According to Bloodydecks and Helgren's they've gotten into some Do-Do's and Yellows off Oceanside.

JL
08-26-2012, 08:21 PM
According to Bloodydecks and Helgren's they've gotten into some Do-Do's and Yellows off Oceanside.

Thanks for your response. I talked to Helgrens in Oceanside and they got 7 last week about 10 miles out.