PDA

View Full Version : Topanga beach surf beach fishing

lostfisherman
08-25-2012, 06:17 PM
drove down to the beach today haven't had any luck fishing lately so gave it another try....day started with calm waives and lots of foamy water cast'd the line out kept getting tangled a lot. tried for a 4 hours nothing. used plastic grub, sand crabs no nibble or bite what am i doing wrong!

fishshep
08-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Sometimes ,it is just being in the right place at the right time,

not neccessarily that your doing something wrong ?

bassfishing24/7
08-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Try will Rogers state beach,usually pretty good for surf perch and croakers.ive caught them on a Carolina rig w gulp camo sand worms.

Wingnut
08-27-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm sure you're not doing anything drastically wrong... different days, different results.
I'll tell you what, come to the Hunting Giants 4 Surf Fishing Event on October 20th. I will dedicate one of our S.W.A.T. guys to help you for the entire day. We'll get you squared away and headed in the right direction. :Wink:

bones
08-27-2012, 08:40 PM
You aren't doing anything wrong sir. This time of year it's all about timing and location. The sandcrab beds are real thick everywhere. The fish are stuffed and eat at their leisure. Try paying close attention to the incomming tide and remember to MOVE UNTIL YOU FIND THEM. Topanga has never been a solid producer when it comes to perch for some reason. Try packing lite and work the area just south at Will Rogers. You can usually find them by the jetties or in the trenches between but you have to keep moving until you find where they are holding. One spot could be dead,The next spot could be all dinks and the next could hold some real toads.
Good luck!

lostfisherman
08-28-2012, 11:20 AM
awesome feed back fellas!!! i will try will rogers beach on Friday

Which Way Out
08-28-2012, 06:36 PM
What Bones said,

"Try paying close attention to the incomming tide and remember to MOVE UNTIL YOU FIND THEM"

Best advise out there.

WWO

SP Dan
08-31-2012, 01:39 AM
Hi ya lostfisherman,

I work right there on PCH at the AO you had mentioned and it's been tough there lately!
Don't feel so bad.....I get skunked regularly there......it does it to me almost every day! I keep hoping that it will improve soon!
Lately it's been weedy, murky brown water.

My advice: Just keep moving and find better conditions down the beach!

Thanx for posting and good luck to you in targeting your selected species! :Cool:

I hope to hook up with you at the HG4 event! :Wink:

SP Dan <"))><