PDA

View Full Version : RECEIVED THE OUTCAST FAT CAT TODAY!!!! PICS INCL

Ghost
04-24-2007, 01:57 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Image016.jpg

UPS stopped by just when I got home from school. I thought that I would be getting the Fat Cat tomorrow, but a day early is wonderful!

Took out the Fat Cat, added the foam seat & foam back rest, then proceeded to inflate. That took me a couple minutes to figure out how to inflate that type of valve. I had to look at the instructions that an adapter came w/ the package. I found the adapter & patch kit in one of the side pockets.

After it was inflated, I was quite impressed on the quality & how much wider & bigger than the Fish Cat 4. I had to take a peek at the urethane bladder, it reminded me of a giant condom! I checked out the inflated craft & noticed something in the back of the seat that no one mentioned it had. 3 storage pockets & 2 of them have zippers. I can put my zip locked sealed wallet & keys & cell phone in the middle pocket. The bigger of the 3 pockets has no zipper, but it's big enough to throw in a hydration pack, like a Camelbak. Now that is totally cool & a nice surprise!

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Image017.jpg

The back storage is quite huge, I have a nice insulated pack that I can keep food & clothing in & keep them dry.

the side pockets are really big also. Much bigger than on the Fish Cat 4. I can put 2 large waterproof tackle storage boxes in each pocket & a couple medium sized ones on top of that. Now that is room!!!

I like the wider width of the Fat Cat. I feel I have room to manuever(sp?) while seated.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Image018.jpg

I thought of getting a Fishing Buddy 2202 for a fish finder, but last year I bought a Humminbird RF30 wrist mount sonar. I'll use that till it putz out, then I'll upgrade to something better.

The bad news is....the Fat Cat will sit on top of my ping pong table for a couple weeks. The water(s) should be warmer by then & I'll be done w/ school for this semester too! I can just look at it & be inspired to do good in my finals next week, so I can go & play w/ my new toy!!!

I get to enjoy how clean it is....now, I'm sure it'll get dirty by the end of this summer. That's okay. I didn't think I'd like the yellow mustard color, but it really isn't that bad looking. I like the safety factor that I can be seen floating around the lake. I put the tackle boxes & towels inside the side pockets. I want to stretch out the pockets before the maiden voyage.

I've went w/ the most basic float tube a couple months ago to the Trout Unlimited Togiak, to the Fish Cat 4, to the Cadillac of float tube, the Fat Cat. The more I read about float tubes from here & other forums, the more I knew what was the pro's & con's about them.

Now I just need the next couple weeks to fly by & get school finals done with....play time is right around the corner!!!!

IslandBoi
04-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Nice tube ....

Was planning on getting my tube with Uncle Sam return, but alas as usual, goes to bills and the new arrival of my baby daughter

Some day I will be out there with you guys

Crappie Slayer
04-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Congrats. May you catch a ton of fish.

Granny Fish
04-24-2007, 08:51 PM
That tube looks great. Can't wait to see your first report using it.

bchbum54
04-24-2007, 08:56 PM
yum yum yellow, sharks favorite

Granny Fish
04-24-2007, 11:39 PM

Really? I thought they only liked CTT's baby seal fins. :lol:

CatchthatTrout
04-25-2007, 12:08 AM

Really? I thought they only liked CTT's baby seal fins. :lol:

And again G-Fish :shock:

Granny Fish
04-25-2007, 12:16 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have seal fins too :oops: but I don't take them in the ocean. :lol:

sullyfish
04-25-2007, 10:18 AM
I brokedown and paid extra for the green super fat cat...I heard the same thing about yum yum yellow... :lol: 8) :lol: 8)

CatchthatTrout
04-25-2007, 10:24 AM
You guys/gals are KILLING us :!:

When was the last time you heard of a tuber getting eaten by a shark at day or night?

Nessie Hunter
04-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Awesome Gino... Your on your way to a lot of fishin fun buddy... :D

Good luck on the grades with fish on the brain... :lol: :lol:

paintnfish
04-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Nice tube, have fun :thumb:

Sea Murda
04-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Nice looking tube dude! :thumb:

olfishergal
04-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Indiana is a kewl place to fish. Used to live on the Tippiecanoe river just below Lakees Freman and Schaffer..........(PU Purdue brat lol) Have a blast fishin...so many places, so little time.

D-PESCADOR
04-26-2007, 02:55 PM
NICE FLOATY THERE GHOST IF U WANT I CAN BREAK IT IN THIS WEEKEND FOR U LET ME KNOW :lol:

BigEd
04-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Gino,

The Fat Cat is my rider also. I am just under 300 lbs and I ride high in the seat. Enjoy buddy.

Big Ed :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: