PDA

View Full Version : Inflatable boats?

Carptain_Bao
08-23-2012, 01:44 AM
I am thinking about getting an inflatable boat.
Any of the fellow FNNers have one? How do you guys like it? Intex is better or Sevylor?
I would like to hear all the reviews bout the inflatble compares to porta-bote or the aluminums.
Thanks in advance.

Kokak
08-23-2012, 11:56 AM
If you're interested...

I have a Mercury QuickSilver 10'6" inflatable with wood transom and wood floor (it's not a RIB) that I would like to sell. I have an electric trolling motor and even a Bimini top for it. It's in good condition and has never needed a repair. BTW... the transom will handle a 5hp gas motor without issue and I believe it's rated to 15hp.

Asking $600.00 for everything, including the bag to carry it (Pickup only).

aramirez1988
08-23-2012, 12:20 PM
I just broke down and picked up a Sevylor 9 footer. I still have a bunch of stuff I wanna do to customize it. Like cutting out a wood floor, custom benches and what not. Since I don't have a pickup truck I want everything to fit in my trunk of my car. So I am gonna try some different ideas. I got mine off Craigslist for $120 and its practically new, they only used it once. I can't wait to take it out on a lake. I did a bunch of research and even posted in these very forums about this topic. I am happy with my choice so far!

Tony

allIdoIsfish
08-23-2012, 03:36 PM
I havent had any experiences with inflatables but i use to have a kayak i fish out of, its something you should consider. Easy to set up and theres no chance you will pop it with your tackle.

reservoir dog
08-23-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm not familiar with Intex or Sevylor but have noticed how affordable they are. My brother has a 12' Sea Eagle with a MinnKota trolling motor and it's actually pretty good for an inflatable. He also has floorboards which allows you to stand up, pretty cool. And on top of that, the weight capacity for that size I think was 1500lbs. We took it out once with 3 guys, a trolling motor & battery, cooler and tackle and it still hauled *****. I must warn you that the accessories can start to add up so it can be a pricey inflatable in the end.

aramirez1988
08-23-2012, 04:32 PM
The popping with the tackle issue was something I was really concerned about. But after blowing up the Sevylor I got, I know that i would truly have to TRY to pop this thing. It has some seriously tough skin. Plus it has 4 inflatable chambers, 2 of which can be popped and you still can be afloat (as long as the 2 main ones aren't popped at the same time haha).

Tony

Bassnman Mike
08-24-2012, 07:47 AM
I've been considering getting a Sea Eagle Fold Cat for fishing "Smaller Waters" They look good and sound durable.

DockRat
08-24-2012, 08:51 PM
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/boa/3227543925.html

Achilles 8'4" Dinghy with wood roll up floor, 2 paddles, and air pump. $200.

Not mine. DR