PDA

View Full Version : BBL Limited Out! Awesome!

Troutin Man
08-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Hit Big Bear Lake without my friend (sex or fish post) and caught 3 stockers and 2 holdovers. All were caught using a little fishing boat with a motor.

I tried trolling for about an hour. 2 were caught trolling about 6 colors down on a Thomas Buoyant red and gold. Both were my biggest trout! Both were definitely 2 pounders. What a great way to start the day!

I stopped trolling and decided to drift fish for a couple of hours. 2 were caught on inflated nightcrawler using a slip bobber set at about 20 to 28 feet down. Adjusted the depth beginning at 12 feet or so. Had multiple bites on the nightcrawlers but poor reaction on my part made me miss them. I guess I was enjoying the scenery a bit more than usual.

My last trout was caught on a wet fly about 5-6 feet down.

All trout were caught between 7-11am.

Too bad my friend did not make it. I will see him at work tomorrow and talk to him about the day.

bassmeister
08-22-2012, 01:07 AM
He's going to call in sick and stay home and bang the drum all day!

DIS
08-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Hit Big Bear Lake without my friend (sex or fish post) and caught 3 stockers and 2 holdovers. All were caught using a little fishing boat with a motor.

I tried trolling for about an hour. 2 were caught trolling about 6 colors down on a Thomas Buoyant red and gold. Both were my biggest trout! Both were definitely 2 pounders. What a great way to start the day!

I stopped trolling and decided to drift fish for a couple of hours. 2 were caught on inflated nightcrawler using a slip bobber set at about 20 to 28 feet down. Adjusted the depth beginning at 12 feet or so. Had multiple bites on the nightcrawlers but poor reaction on my part made me miss them. I guess I was enjoying the scenery a bit more than usual.

My last trout was caught on a wet fly about 5-6 feet down.

All trout were caught between 7-11am.

Too bad my friend did not make it. I will see him at work tomorrow and talk to him about the day.

Glad you did well up at Big Bear! Im heading up there saturday morning. I heard all the fish are about 25'-30' feet down. So the Thomas Buoyant worked for you... Im going to use needlfish. Where around the lake where you trolling?

Troutin Man
08-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Was trolling very slow at mouth of Boulder Bay. Thomas Buoyant red and gold for both 2 lb. trout. They struck hard and aggressively, and they were pissed when I was reelin' in! I would definitely go to BBL...it's free fishin' and beautiful. I went to GLV a couple of weeks before and was pretty dead up there. Sucked to see kids not catching anything...leaving empty-handed. And to have to pay for that!!!

Other fish were caught in Trout Alley while drifting my slip bobber set up about 50 to 100 yards away from by little boat.

Good luck up there bud!

mission89
08-24-2012, 10:21 PM
good going bro thanks for the report! i was up there yesterday and only landed 2 fish drifting on my kayak in the area by the dam. both fish i got were in about 20 ft of water there were fish jumping every were though and i as far as i saw only 1 other guy caught a fish it was tough fishing. i got them on power bait i guess next time il try night crawlers as well. il be up there next weekend. well see how it goes.