PDA

View Full Version : Surf fishing

clos_fish05
08-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Hello everyone,
My name is Carlos and I’m new here. I am going to be surf fishing this Saturday for the first time. I have gone pier fishing and have some success but surf fishing seems like a lot of fun. This is my first time and I wanted to see if anyone had some tips on lures and type of fish to go after. I really want to get me a halibut.

bassfishing24/7
08-21-2012, 09:38 PM
Try tossing Lc's or 3” big hammer's for halibut,u can also try gulp minnows.good luck!

SHOOTER2496
08-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Hello everyone,
My name is Carlos and I’m new here. I am going to be surf fishing this Saturday for the first time. I have gone pier fishing and have some success but surf fishing seems like a lot of fun. This is my first time and I wanted to see if anyone had some tips on lures and type of fish to go after. I really want to get me a halibut.

Halibut - This rig/lure works great for me, i haven't tryed for the hali's this year but last year i landed about 6 legals (one of them was 31 inches ) and numerous shorts.
Try it out, the line i used was 10 pound test p-line.3691236913
Surf perch and pretty much everything else in the surf - You can't go wrong with a carolina riged gulp sandworm (camo pattern), i use a 1/2 ounce egg sinker and a size 4 eagle claw baitholder hook.3691436915 This is probably your best bet for catching fish but if you drop shot you have that chance of hooking up on something BIG.
Good luck & Tight lines

- Anthony:Fishing Hole:

clos_fish05
08-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the tips guys