PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Early AM 8/18 and nighttime 8/19

tree
08-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Went out to Silverwood early in the morning. Got there @ 4AM, tossed topwaters for nothing until ~6:00 when the first grey light showed.
Sublime Steve got a little mini striper, I got a micro, and our other friend got a micro as well. Left around 9:00

The next night I went out there again with Carpanglerdude, got another micro sized striper on topwater.

http://i.imgur.com/rZdQW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/oQ3DO.jpg

seal
08-20-2012, 08:13 PM
It will get better, or already has......

Jig-Guy
08-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Great, at least you guys got bit. Nice to see a striper on a spook. Thanks for the report and pictures.

JAG107
08-21-2012, 04:55 PM
The babies are out but that will change! Great pics, WTG on the spook action! My buddy caught some as small as 3" on saturday, but heard of a 13lber caught. Blowups in the eve. Gotta get up there!

tree
08-22-2012, 09:08 AM
I was throwing the Lunker Punker @ night for nothing, though the guys on the point to our right were hooking up on bait and wait pretty regularly. they left in under 2hours with fish. Don't know if they were good sized ones or the same micro/mini schoolies.

seal
08-22-2012, 09:30 AM
I was throwing the Lunker Punker @ night for nothing, though the guys on the point to our right were hooking up on bait and wait pretty regularly. they left in under 2hours with fish. Don't know if they were good sized ones or the same micro/mini schoolies.

Unless this is a Punker in a shad pattern you may want to switch up to a Spook or Superspook or other shad imitation topwater. I just don't think they are targeting big swimbaits (rainbow imitations) right now, you may get lucky and get a big one but tossing a Superspook will be more productive. I was fishing last night next to a friend that makes his own Punker imitations and he wanted to get one on that bait but had no blow ups, I got a couple on Spooks although it was a slow night probably due to the extreme wind conditions.

Fish I've been getting as of late are 1.5 - 3lbs. and the occasional dink 10 incher, the bigger fish will come up soon as water cools.

stocker
08-24-2012, 06:53 PM
I keep saying it, but my prediction is an epic fall for Silverwood for both striper and greens. The baby bass and silversides are so thick along the shoreline that it's ridiculous--especially up against the mat. Most of the greens are approx 3-4" and the 'sides around 1.5" so my .02 is to match the hatch. Seal's on it, the larger units will start appearing in numbers along the shallows once the weather cools down. Can't wait for the lake lice to fleece, usually to the day after Labor Day. Fish on!!!!

seal
08-25-2012, 07:46 AM
I keep saying it, but my prediction is an epic fall for Silverwood for both striper and greens. The baby bass and silversides are so thick along the shoreline that it's ridiculous--especially up against the mat. Most of the greens are approx 3-4" and the 'sides around 1.5" so my .02 is to match the hatch. Seal's on it, the larger units will start appearing in numbers along the shallows once the weather cools down. Can't wait for the lake lice to fleece, usually to the day after Labor Day. Fish on!!!!

Might be sooner than you think......

carpanglerdude
08-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Went out with Ghetto and Tree again yesterday. I landed my first striper, woohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo OooOoOOoooo! It was very small, caught on a Spook-imitation lure, in the early AM.

Tree landed a larger one as well, also on topwater, but other than that the fishing was very slow. Fish were not eager to hit topwater nor subsurface stuff. Good luck out there!

Tubbytuba
08-27-2012, 03:16 PM
yeah the micro bite is off the hook. may i ask if you fished the Dam Caranglerdude? i fished the same day there in the AM, saw three guys there who said they all got bit.

carpanglerdude
08-27-2012, 08:28 PM
yeah the micro bite is off the hook. may i ask if you fished the Dam Caranglerdude? i fished the same day there in the AM, saw three guys there who said they all got bit.

Nope, not us. We haven't fished the dam yet. Do you have to pay to fish the dam?

Tubbytuba
08-28-2012, 04:35 PM
No totally free there, you can night fish year round too. Dont even need an adventure pass.