PDA

View Full Version : Does my Butt make the Kitchen counter look small ?

Which Way Out
08-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Did I ever get lucky today!!!

Yada yada this and that.

The short story is I got to fish with my personal fishing Yoda again. BTW I highly recommend getting a fishing Yoda if you can. Very hard to find one, but it can be done. Sometimes they are grumpy in the mornings, but don't worry they don't bite.:LOL:

Well Mikey aka Exfactor Yoda master of the Sea's got us (George, myself and himself) signed up for a local Halibut tournament. We fished hard all day with a sloooooow bite. We did everything in the book but the water was iffy at best. Not much better than last weekend. Tons and Tons of Jelly fish....:Sad:

So near the last half of the day I got lucky on a drift using a live Sardine. Just used a simple single hook through the collar of the bait. Kinda Tuna style when flylinning a pinhead, although with a 6 oz sinker to get to the bottom.
Brought her up without to much fan fare and Mike gaffed it without any problem. Skunk off the Boat.

Here is a couple of the photos of the day and the filet work I did at home. BTW with a Western Outdoor News freebee filet knife from years ago.

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/015.jpg
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/013.jpg
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/017.jpg

I need a bigger kitchen
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/022.jpg

Here's my WON filet knife at work. The Black handled one.
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/031.jpg
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/033.jpg
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/035.jpg
http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx340/WhichWayOut/037.jpg

Thanks for reading, till next time...........

WWO

cutbait
08-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Badass WWO

Jackpot Jimmy
08-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Very nice flattie! :Thumbs Up:

Poxy Boggards
08-19-2012, 11:58 PM
Nice Butt! My wife would kill me if I tried to clean a fish in the kitchen...LOL

DockRat
08-20-2012, 06:24 AM
Nice Butt. Do you always collar hook on the drift?

DockRat
08-20-2012, 06:28 AM
You need a bigger cutting board. lol

TroutOnly
08-20-2012, 06:59 AM
i like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,

TUNAVIC
08-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Nice Butt,you either have a nice wife or no wife to let you filet that fish on her kitchen counter!WTG Good eats enjoy.

Cya Tuna Vic

Wingnut
08-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey Bill, let's get something straight... Mikey is not YOUR personal Fishing Yoda. He is MY personal Fishing Yoda, I'm only loaning him to you. :LOL: :ROFL:

Nice catch and clean fillet job, hope you didn't forget the cheek meat. :Wink:

fishinone
08-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Congratulations! You definitely have a big butt there.

reelgurlzfish
08-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Nice Butt,you either have a nice wife or no wife to let you filet that fish on her kitchen counter!WTG Good eats enjoy.

Cya Tuna Vic
lol ive seen this comment a couple times about fileting fish in the kitchen.... where else would you do it? :-P
i never thought twice about it...

HawgStalker
08-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Very nice!!! Way to scratch up a nice butt on a slow day....

Thanks for sharing!

Which Way Out
08-20-2012, 07:41 PM
Badass WWO

Thanks CB. Hunting season is coming around, I am looking for a Hunting Yoda........:Wink:

Very nice flattie! :Thumbs Up:

Thanks Jimmy. I am glad you checked in. Its not my PB but Mike and George said they didn't want any so the wife and I are getting ready for our first dinner with our new guest.

Nice Butt! My wife would kill me if I tried to clean a fish in the kitchen...LOL

Sorry to hear that PB. I would never say you need a new wife that's for sure... But the one I have tells me to go fishing. If cleaning one on the kitchen counter is what I have to do so be it. She's all good with it..:Big Grin:

Nice Butt. Do you always collar hook on the drift?

Hey DR, I am very new to this type of fishing. However I have been fishing for at least 50 years. So "Do you always collar hook on a drift" would be very hard to say. I can say that I had one rod that I was using, and I had to switch back and forth a couple of times on the techniques. We Ball bounced, down rigged and drifted. The drift fishing is definitely a lot easier to do. Relaxing even. I figured I would change over to a single hook with a treble stinger on the next drift after I tied up a new set up. So to answer the question, normal? No I don't think so.

You need a bigger cutting board. lol

:ROFL:
Oh I have the cutting board that would work out very well, just wouldn't fit in the kitchen either.

i like that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks Bob. See you at HG4 I hope

Cya Tuna Vic

Thanks Vic. My wife is from Japan, she tells me to go fish. That's great huh? At this time we are living in a apartment so cleaning a fish is kinda tough out side. Besides all your neighbors will mooch it off me. Some of them get fish now and then.

Hey Bill, let's get something straight... Mikey is not YOUR personal Fishing Yoda. He is MY personal Fishing Yoda, I'm only loaning him to you. :LOL: :ROFL:

Who is this?

Congratulations! You definitely have a big butt there.

I can not lie, your right. Thanks

lol ive seen this comment a couple times about fileting fish in the kitchen.... where else would you do it? :-P
i never thought twice about it...

There you go reelgurlzfish. Thanks for having my back. It wasn't really even that big of a mess to clean up.

Very nice!!! Way to scratch up a nice butt on a slow day....

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks HS, We were scratching that's for sure. But we got one never the less.

WWO

cutbait
08-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Bring your butt to Bako and Ill get ya on a dove limit guarenteed

Which Way Out
08-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Bring your butt to Bako and Ill get ya on a dove limit guarenteed

I was just up that way a couple weekends ago. Went squirrel shooting with the one and only Sniper Ed Peralez in Corcoran. Had a blast.
Let me see what I can do. When is the season over?

WWO

cutbait
08-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Sept 1st thru 14th I think??? I know opener is 1st, just not sure bout the closure..

And when I said bring your butt,,, I meant hali!

olfishergal
08-20-2012, 10:17 PM

I think I want to borrow your YODA myself!!!

Which Way Out
08-21-2012, 06:43 AM
Sept 1st thru 14th I think??? I know opener is 1st, just not sure bout the closure..

And when I said bring your butt,,, I meant hali!

CB, let me call of buddy of mine today and see if he can come with me. He's a shotgunner. I'll get back to you this afternoon. And I'll bring some of my butt along as well.

I think I want to borrow your YODA myself!!!

My Yoda is a Ladies man, so I don't think he would mine.

WWO

murrieta angler
08-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Hey Bill, Nice looking fish!
Eddie (Hesbros), Rich (his brother), Anthony (Eddies son) and myself went looking for Dodos last week, but wasn't meant to be. Rich ended up with a legal flatty, while drifting out by the domes.
Yours is much bigger!?
Thanks for the report Brother,
Robert
<><

Which Way Out
08-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Hey Bill, Nice looking fish!
Eddie (Hesbros), Rich (his brother), Anthony (Eddies son) and myself went looking for Dodos last week, but wasn't meant to be. Rich ended up with a legal flatty, while drifting out by the domes.
Yours is much bigger!?
Thanks for the report Brother,
Robert
<><

Hey Robert, It's really not that big to tell you the truth. My kitchen is really that small through. LOL

Sorry you didn't score last week on the target species. But I would bet my bottom dollar you will find em soon, then have an epic report to write. Good luck and its good to see you back.

WWO

JapanRon
08-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi Which Way Out,

Nice report and great pics !! That's what I call flattening a flattie !! So you LOVE the WON knife that is actually UNDER the knife that looks freshly used ? huuummm Veeeeeery Interestink !! :)

JapanRon

Which Way Out
08-23-2012, 08:19 PM
Hi Which Way Out,

Nice report and great pics !! That's what I call flattening a flattie !! So you LOVE the WON knife that is actually UNDER the knife that looks freshly used ? huuummm Veeeeeery Interestink !! :)

JapanRon

Hi Ron. The larger knife was used to make the first cut down the lateral line. It's good for that sort of thing, but the black handled one was used for all the rest of the work. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

WWO

bachiboy
08-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Sorry for the late reply Bill. Nice work getting that flattie...even better work with the knife afterwards! :Thumbs Up:

Wow, sounds like Mikey's getting pulled on by all limbs...it's nice to be loved! :Wink:

Which Way Out
08-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Sorry for the late reply Bill. Nice work getting that flattie...even better work with the knife afterwards! :Thumbs Up:

Wow, sounds like Mikey's getting pulled on by all limbs...it's nice to be loved! :Wink:

Who is this Wingnut anyway? :ROFL: Besides Mikey's a Ladies man so I have to admit he's not mine. At the moment one of his ladies is not feeling so well. :Bawling: Well he really isn't bawling about it, I am just picking on him a little. He hasn't been on the board for awhile and I bet if he reads this he'll chime in. LOL

Thanks for the kind words Don and welcome to the team. BTW, great pic of your kid. Cute....eeek! did I say that? I never use that word.:Smile:

See you at HG4

WWO