PDA

View Full Version : BV duct report

Cochetrigo
08-19-2012, 08:30 AM
I went out late Friday night behind the golf courses and tried next to the gates which were flowing steadily. There was another party there fishing but I didn't notice any action.
Let me just say that if you like tossing salad, then this was the fishing trip for you... Whether bait fishing or lure, it was unmanageable, I tried each. I even pulled up a rock that weighed about three pounds. It was entangled in the weeds.
This time of year seems to be "off season" for me anyways. Perhaps it was just that spot, but from what I hear it is tough all over.
We reverted to having a few cold ones before we left so as to make the trek worth while. A couple pulled up at about 2am to start fishing. They said to use light weight. Something tells me it is still difficult to land anything.

cutbait
08-19-2012, 01:18 PM
I went out late Friday night behind the golf courses and tried next to the gates which were flowing steadily. There was another party there fishing but I didn't notice any action.
Let me just say that if you like tossing salad, then this was the fishing trip for you... Whether bait fishing or lure, it was unmanageable, I tried each. I even pulled up a rock that weighed about three pounds. It was entangled in the weeds.
This time of year seems to be "off season" for me anyways. Perhaps it was just that spot, but from what I hear it is tough all over.
We reverted to having a few cold ones before we left so as to make the trek worth while. A couple pulled up at about 2am to start fishing. They said to use light weight. Something tells me it is still difficult to land anything.

Good effort and thanks for the report.

It usually takes me a few beers before I start enjoying tossing some salad, so I'll think I'll wait a bit