PDA

View Full Version : Freelance 08/23/07 3/4 day

willis949
08-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Went out on the Freelance Thursday and thank God the fish count on Wednesday was so low cuz it scared everyone away.Only 20 people that day and wouldn't you know it would be the day I win jackpot.A measley 100.00 which I gave to the deckhand.These guys dont get much with 20 people when only half get there fish cleaned.At our last stop we saw a nice Bonito boil and I managed to pull in the biggest one,even though I thought for sure there were some bigger Barries but when he cut open this fish he had about 6-8 anchovies in him which was just enough to win it.

JapanRon
08-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi willis949,

Good job on the JP ! Thanks for posting both your report and .... the picture that tells all!

20 anglers on the Freelance !!!! Congrats on the lucky day!! Yeah .. I agree .... it's tough for the crew but that's the business they're in and am sure have they've learned to take the good and the bad!

JapanRon

Liteliner
08-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Congrats on the jackpot. I was on the wed. trip. There was 48 of us on the boat. No anchovies so we had only the bigger sardines. The sandbass were rippin at them but unable to swallow. A couple of the guys did manage a few really nice bass over 7 pounds on the flylined sardines though. The day crew was awesome. There was probably more fish caught but I think they only counted what they cleaned though.

willis949
08-26-2007, 10:00 AM
One guy on board got a hold of a Yellow but almost got spooled and finally lost him.I am convinced that I am going 3/4 from now on.The 1/2 day trips with the driving dont leave enough time to fish.My problem is my galley tab was $45.00 plus I gave the girl $12.00 tip.Even if I kept the jackpot$$ I wouldn't have come out ahead.I need to lay off the Heinekens next time.The crew was so cool and I will definitely be choosing the Freelance again soon.

Liteliner
08-27-2007, 12:17 PM
haha. Damn thats a big hiene tab man. The crew is cool though. Yeah I always thought half days were a waste of time to. Stick to the longer trips. More fish time........

ThemBastards
08-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Willis you SOB nice catch bro! Congrats on the jackpot. Im gonna hit you up when I go shark fishing. Dont know exactly when yet, but hopefully soon.

willis949
08-29-2007, 04:38 PM
That was your fish man.Im tellin ya,I need to sneak one of those mini Heineken kegs in a backback next time.I have never been shark fishing so let me know.

ThemBastards
08-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah I know those galley fees are death. I will let you know my man.