PDA

View Full Version : Hermosa pier thursday

trollmiester
08-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Fished from 7 to ten at night.one mackrael and two smelt.nice cool breeze and great sights.there was so many hoop nets,some had 4 just for one person.the lobster poaching was full bore. Lobster coming in and nets tangling my line.Tried to educate to no avail.lobster season not open yet and no cards or guages any way.I was to out numbered went in and had a cold bloody mary.Will try again tonight.

bman90278
08-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Did u call DFG Cal Tip? The DFG usually responds to the King Harbor and Hermosa very often.

Which Way Out
08-17-2012, 06:42 PM
I like your style Chris.. a cool tasty Bloody Mary might just be on my dinner menu tonight.

Anyway good luck and while your fishing drop some of that catfish bait of yours in the water near you. Those lobsters will stay away from the nets.

WWO

bones
08-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the poachers Chris. I took the liberty to send the info via text to my DFG agent contact for that area. Kinda bypassing CalTip. I'm sure Kory will love to meet the folks!
Keep up the good work soldier and remember....a SWAT qualifying catch has to be made from the sand. Head a little south and work the structure buddy!

PONTOON
08-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Hey Buddy,

As soon as you get back from the Kern we'll hit the sand for an all out three species assault. I'm kinda hoping the third species will be one of those smelt then we can pin the name Private Jack Smelt on you.:LOL:

We've got a special guest with us in a few weeks........gotta break in a new guy to the catfish scene.:Wink:

Wingnut
08-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Hey Buddy,

As soon as you get back from the Kern we'll hit the sand for an all out three species assault. I'm kinda hoping the third species will be one of those smelt then we can pin the name Private Jack Smelt on you.:LOL:

We've got a special guest with us in a few weeks........gotta break in a new guy to the catfish scene.:Wink:

Hey Chris... Grunion on the Barbie pole also count. :Big Smile: Get going soldier! :Big Grin:

Yes, Team TrollToon will be my personal guide on September 15th. :Wink:
Do you think Wipers & Catfish will hit the LC? :LOL: