PDA

View Full Version : Azusa River???

Carptain_Bao
08-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Anyone heard bout a river called Azusa River? I was talking to a guy today and he said there were some nice kitties there. But I've never heard bout that place. Could it just be the SG River? If so has anybody fished for cats there b4?
Any info bout this place?
Thanks in advance.

Breaking Bass
08-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Anyone heard bout a river called Azusa River? I was talking to a guy today and he said there were some nice kitties there. But I've never heard bout that place. Could it just be the SG River? If so has anybody fished for cats there b4?
Any info bout this place?
Thanks in advance.

What's up Bao!! Were you able to nail that cat that was nibbling on your line last night at SFD? Hey man i wanted to apologize if my dog was pestering you while you were trying to fish. She has this habit of wanting to retrieve your bait after casting....LOL!

Azusa River? Hmmmmm...I'm guessing they are talking about SGRiver which I've never fished for cats. OR they are talking about the San Gabriel Reservoir. Yup...this place holds cats and some monsters from what I hear. Access is limited but many carp fisherman access the res from the off road vehicle 4X4 entrance.

Carptain_Bao
08-17-2012, 08:46 PM
What's up Bao!! Were you able to nail that cat that was nibbling on your line last night at SFD? Hey man i wanted to apologize if my dog was pestering you while you were trying to fish. She has this habit of wanting to retrieve your bait after casting....LOL!

Azusa River? Hmmmmm...I'm guessing they are talking about SGRiver which I've never fished for cats. OR they are talking about the San Gabriel Reservoir. Yup...this place holds cats and some monsters from what I hear. Access is limited but many carp fisherman access the res from the off road vehicle 4X4 entrance.

Hey BreakingBass how did you do at the pudd? I didnt get any bite after that, the dog is really cute and she sure knows how to catch the frisbee lol
I think it's probably the SG Reservoir, if I get a chance I'll definitely pay a visit to that place. BTW I never told anyone bout the bass you kept haha

bassfishing24/7
08-17-2012, 11:00 PM
Beware the bass nazis r watching....lol

adriiiian
08-17-2012, 11:03 PM
watching..

Breaking Bass
08-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Beware the bass nazis r watching....lol
LMAO! No worries guys. I'm all about C&R....we were just having some fun talking about it cuz of all the drama that goes down here on these boards.

Breaking Bass
08-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Hey BreakingBass how did you do at the pudd? I didnt get any bite after that, the dog is really cute and she sure knows how to catch the frisbee lol
I think it's probably the SG Reservoir, if I get a chance I'll definitely pay a visit to that place. BTW I never told anyone bout the bass you kept haha

Lots of monster carp too. Your pops would dig it.

bassfishing24/7
08-18-2012, 04:32 PM
LMAO! No worries guys. I'm all about C&R....we were just having some fun talking about it cuz of all the drama that goes down here on these boards.

Ur right about the drama,its worse than a soap opera!! Lol. People r u just taking sh*t way too serious!!

Cartman
08-19-2012, 10:03 AM

If you fish the San Gabriel Reservoir I am looking forward to a full report. That's a pretty big lake, and you know it must be mighty deep, though you can't get a boat in. Who knows what you might catch in there.

Carptain_Bao
08-19-2012, 08:50 PM
If you fish the San Gabriel Reservoir I am looking forward to a full report. That's a pretty big lake, and you know it must be mighty deep, though you can't get a boat in. Who knows what you might catch in there.

if i do I will post a report for sure. I'm just not sure if the reservoir is open to public.

haree
09-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Alright then... nice discussion.

Really like it all the participants perform well...

Sebastian323
09-19-2012, 07:54 AM
if i do I will post a report for sure. I'm just not sure if the reservoir is open to public.

Yes it is legal to fish San Gabriel Reservoir, just not the lower lake, Morris

Carptain_Bao
09-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Yes it is legal to fish San Gabriel Reservoir, just not the lower lake, Morris

Good to know,I appreciate that!

aggs234
09-23-2012, 04:15 PM
yes azusa is san gab.... u take azusa rd all the way up that turns into san gab dam after morris... which is illegal... san gab is great. but not right now...

water is too low from drought... soo water is shallow and brown n muddy 3 inch visability.. post winter months its great.. water is high 30 feet deep clear..
filled wid bass trout and other small fish crappie n blugil... last time i went my buddy landed a 2.5 ft cat fish... huge.. maybe 4-5lbs... on a chartruese spinner.. gold blades
are hot at san gab... but yea i will not go back till water goes up..... wen its filled and blue and clear.. ull find me there 2-3 times a week... ive caught some of my biggest
bass n trout from there..... good luck yall..