PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid 08/16. Limits achieved by 1300.

HIghwayPig
08-16-2012, 06:59 PM
So, I haven't posted on here in a while. Pretty bad about posting. Cutbait was :Crying: for me to post, so, I gave in. My boy and I hit Castaic last week and ended up with 8 good size jailbirds. At first we were on them with Fishinone. 2 boats chasing boils and working together. We did alright and then the hoards found us and we had to leave and hunt elsewhere. I'll post a couple of vids here from that trip and then get on to today's Pyramid trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoSPLBk2aag

In this Vid, Fishinone asks what pound test we're using. LoL. We're using duct line, 30 lb test, and tuna slinging them in the boat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiUl9i-BZ80

Anyway, we decided earlier this week that we would hit Pyramid Thursday, since I had an additional day off and Highwaypig Jr. doesn't start school until Monday. One last midweek run. Cutbait informs me that TB did well at Pyramid so we get all jacked up and wait for Thursday patiently. We get to the lake and find sporadic boils. And of course, we find Fishinone and his crew. We hit them with Fishinone and work a nice boil into a cove. 14 in the boat by 0900. It dies down, and we are supposed to leave at 1230 so Jr. can get to his Mom's house. We make one more tour around the lake and start heading in. As soon as I come into the channel I see a boil on the bank and I go for it. It was a smal boil, but they chased the poor shad right onto the shore! Silver shad flopping all over the shore! I then look behind us at the other side and see Fishinone on a massive boil. We gun it over to that side and work it with Fishinone again for at least 10-15 minutes. Once again, two boats working in harmony. Lol. After it dies down we have to head home. But we had a great day together. Good fishing with ya Fishinone! I do have to apologize. I narrate in the videos a little too much and didn't have time to try and get Highwaypig Jr. hooking up, but you see the end result of the boils.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtKvCECvBIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVfongqR7nk

cutbait
08-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Mighty fine report!

trail blazer
08-16-2012, 08:39 PM
Bout time you quit being a LURKER,,,LOL

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WTG on the last before school outing guys,

T/B

karlow
08-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Damm,
Now I have to get up and make the run up the hill!
Crap! thats a whole tank of gas boyz!

Shock
08-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Nice!! Good job out there! Thanks for posting those videos as well. Really cool to actually see the boils!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Nice job…I can see it NOW….

Fish start popping…

U guys turn on the flashing red lights and sound the siren

I’d say U guys “arrested” those fish’s development : )

Congrats

HIghwayPig
08-17-2012, 04:41 PM
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: to TB and Gary!

dixoncider
08-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the report>>>

fishinone
08-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Hey HighwayPig,

I have a real appreciation for fishing boils with you. We've been having a blast.

That boil was unbelievable. We fished it for at least 10 minutes before you came across from the other boil. It was up long enough for us to make a huge mess several times and still catch 22 fish out of that 1 boil.

Went back today and got 4 little fish all day for the boat.

Voice-of-Reason
08-18-2012, 06:47 AM
Killer cooler stuffing. I guess you can say they were boiling?

dixoncider
08-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Hey how is the algae up there.?? Heard it was real bad a few weeks ago..Great video's..!!

HIghwayPig
08-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Hey how is the algae up there.?? Heard it was real bad a few weeks ago..Great video's..!!

Algae wasn't bad at all. A little on the shore here and there, but it's clearing up.

Fishinone - I'll fish boils all day with ya buddy. As long as you keep finding those massive boils for me!

TroutOnly
08-18-2012, 10:03 PM
CARPBOY I SMELL BACON,,,,,,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,,DAN-THE-MAN............................t/o................

fishinone
08-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Fishinone - I'll fish boils all day with ya buddy. As long as you keep finding those massive boils for me!

Now that sounds like a plan! Let's hope it works out.